Contract and Commercial Manager at Land Information New Zealand, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Be our champion and partner Toitū Te Whenua and our key IT Suppliers,
- Analytical, great negotiator, and very good listener,
- Experience in government with broad legal and procurement experience.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
You will be part of a team centred on delivery of services where you will manage the delivery of the Toitū Te Whenua IT supplier contract performance and compliance, maintaining a best practice governance model.
This will include preparation for and conducting, regular reviews of the contracts with our IT suppliers. Negotiating and agreeing any amendments necessary, to ensure they deliver their intended benefits and are looking for opportunities for continuous improvements.
He pūkenga tou - Skills & Experience:
- Having previous experience in an IT Contract and Commercial Manager role or similar preferably for a government agency,
- Being a great negotiator, a very good listener and highly analytical. The ability to be personable and tenacious is also key to the position. You have to know how to deal with people and make evaluations based on what's right,
- Experience of writing contractual documentation including standards and methodologies that reflects good contract management and commercial practice,
- Financial and business acumen. Ability to multitask and prioritise work,
- Must be team oriented and results focused,
- Maintaining accurate records of contracts including personal work programmes, meeting notes and general contract correspondence,
- Monitoring and managing the supplier contract performance and compliance, to ensure business outcomes are being met,
- Maintain sustainable and productive relationships with I.T. partners and conduct regular commercial and governance reviews,
- Understanding of government contract and procurement process and Contract Management System pipelines.
The annual salary range for this role is $95,846 - $129,674
Ngā mea e tukuna ana e tātau – What we offer our employees
- Interesting work which impacts Aotearoa as we care for whenua, moana and arawai
- Eye & ear care reimbursements
- Annual Flu Vaccinations
- Reduced Health Insurance Premiums
- Diverse groups and networks
- If eligible for paid parental leave, you will be entitled to a top up payment for the first 18 weeks of the 26 weeks
- A minimum of four weeks and three days annual leave
- Flexible working days can be discussed with your manager.
As an organisation Toitū Te Whenua embraces diversity, encourages work life balance and we have a flexible approach to the way we work which means you will quickly feel connected and valued. Toitū Te Whenua is one of the most engaged organisations in the public sector and people always say what a great place Toitū Te Whenua is to work.
Te Tākinatanga - Our Story
At Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand, our key role is to ensure New Zealanders have accurate information about where people and places are, that people have confidence in their property rights and that Crown property is well managed for future generations.
From the best way to develop farmland, build a new suburb, manage a high-country farm or navigate on land or at sea, our work and location information help people make better decisions and create economic, social, environmental and cultural value for New Zealand.
Tono mai - How to Apply
To apply, please click “Apply Online.” You'll be taken through to our Toitū Te Whenua Careers Centre where you'll be able to review further information about the responsibilities and accountabilities of this role in the Position Description. You'll be able to complete your online application form and upload a copy of your CV/Cover Letter.
Please note, while applications close Tuesday 21 March 2023, we may be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date. Therefore, please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. You must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand to be eligible for this position.
Toitū Te Whenua is currently undertaking a change programme, known as Organising Ourselves, which is focused on strengthening our connections, our agility, and the way we engage and work with our customers and partners. Note that we will be making changes to our ways of working and how we think about and describe our roles as part of this programme.
If you have any questions about this role or working at Toitū Te Whenua, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our Recruitment Team will be in touch with you.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Land Information New Zealand|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||Contract and Commercial Manager PD August 2021.pdf (PDF, 200KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.