Senior Advisor, Biosecurity and Biodiversity at Land Information New Zealand, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Provide expert advice and guidance on the Biosecurity and Biodiversity work programme to stakeholders,
- Leading and actively participating in its projects and workstreams,
- Offering flexible working arrangements
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
This position sits within the Biosecurity & Biodiversity team within the wider Crown Property and Customer Delivery business groups of Toitū Te Whenua. This group is part of the wider Organisational Effectiveness business group for Toitū Te Whenua.
The Senior Advisor provides technical advice and connects the wider Biosecurity and Biodiversity work programme to wider internal and external strategies. You engage directly with key external stakeholders to undertake this role.
Day to day this position sees you:
- Maintaining oversight of the LINZ Terrestrial Biosecurity control program which manages pest plants and animals on land managed by the Crown,
- Taking a lead on providing advice, and reporting on accountability to Ministers, senior leaders and key stakeholders,
- Developing high-quality policy and strategy advice on issues related to the Biosecurity and Biodiversity programme,
- Working with internal and external partners/stakeholders to provide expert advice and guidance on Biosecurity and Biodiversity issues in terrestrial environments.
He pūkenga tou - Skills & Experience
- A relevant post-graduate environmental science qualification is desirable (preferably in ecology, environmental management),
- Experience and understanding of New Zealand biosecurity and biodiversity work to include environmental frameworks, policies, legislation, and regulation,
- Understand the machinery of Government and be comfortable moving between science and policy and/or operational delivery,
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write to a high standard and the ability to research and develop high quality analysis, advice, and make appropriate decisions,
- Ability to plan, organise and lead multiple tasks at strategic, programme, and project level and manage time and competing priorities effectively.
The annual salary range for this role is $95,846 - $129,674 dependant on experience.
We have a strong preference for Christchurch based applicants for this round of recruitment.
Ngā mea e tukuna ana e tātau – What we offer our employees
- Interesting work which impacts Aotearoa as we care for whenua, moana and arawai
- Eye & ear care reimbursements
- Annual Flu Vaccinations
- Reduced Health Insurance Premiums
- Diverse groups and networks
- A minimum of four weeks and three days annual leave
As an organisation Toitū Te Whenua embraces diversity, encourages work life balance and we have a flexible approach to the way we work which means you will quickly feel connected and valued. Toitū Te Whenua is one of the most engaged organisations in the public sector and people always say what a great place Toitū Te Whenua is to work.
Te Tākinatanga - Our Story
At Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand, our key role is to ensure New Zealanders have accurate information about where people and places are, that people have confidence in their property rights and that Crown property is well managed for future generations.
From the best way to develop farmland, build a new suburb, manage a high-country farm or navigate on land or at sea, our work and location information help people make better decisions and create economic, social, environmental and cultural value for New Zealand.
Tono mai - How to Apply
To apply, please click “Apply Online.” You'll be taken through to our Toitū Te Whenua Careers Centre where you'll be able to review further information about the responsibilities and accountabilities of this role in the Position Description. You'll be able to complete your online application form and upload a copy of your CV/Cover Letter.
Applications close Wednesday 29 March 2023. We may address applications before the close date.
Toitū Te Whenua is currently undertaking a change programme, known as Organising Ourselves, which is focused on strengthening our connections, our agility, and the way we engage and work with our customers and partners. Note that we will be making changes to our ways of working and how we think about and describe our roles as part of this programme.
If you have any questions about this role or working at Toitū Te Whenua, please email firstname.lastname@example.org our Recruitment Team will be in touch with you.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Land Information New Zealand|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Science and Environment|
|Attachment:||Senior Advisor Biosecurity and Biodiversity PD Feb 2023 (1).pdf (PDF, 200KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.