Content Developer at Land Information New Zealand, Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- A desire to create content by listening to customer voice
- A focus on transforming how products and services are understood by users
- Flexible working
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
You will be part of a team responsible for designing, creating, evaluating, updating, and reviewing online content. This position reports to the Change Enablement Practice Lead within our Digital Delivery group who are leading Modernising Landonline under the programme name of STEP.
When New Zealanders buy, sell, or alter property, they want to be certain about details such as location, size, boundaries, and that they're buying from the current owner. All this information is held in our online platform Landonline. Landonline is a world-class system but, at 20 years old, it needs to be modernised. That's where you come in!
The purpose of this position is to design Landonline content this is easy for users to understand and build capability as the platform is modernised. You will;
- Focus on finding the best way to support customers to transition from a system they're familiar with to a new way of working.
- Use data and evidence to design content that gives the user what they need, at the time they need it and, in a way, that supports user capability.
- Help to create an understanding of the power of plain language and content that supports user capability.
- Contribute to content strategies, content patterns, standards, and strategies to bridge between business and user needs.
- Develop your own knowledge and understanding of Modernising Landonline (aka STEP) and the products, services.
He pūkenga tou - Skills & Experience:
- Experience designing user centred content. Ability to make complex language and processes easy to understand.
- Experience in presenting information in the right format for what users need, in plain language, making information accessible to all.
- Understanding of agile methodology and ability to apply an agile mindset to work.
- Experience in using data, research, and evidence to review and evaluate content.
- Experience in strategic content design would be helpful.
- Experience in the design and implementation of a digital Self-service customer experience or education for digital projects would be an advantage
- Be able to effectively manage priorities and execute tasks within tight deadlines.
The salary range for this position is $70,000 – $95,000, depending on skills and experience.
Ngā mea e tukuna ana e tātau – What we offer our employees
- Interesting work which impacts Aotearoa as we care for whenua, moana and arawai
- Eye & ear care reimbursements
- Annual Flu Vaccinations
- Reduced Health Insurance Premiums
- Diverse groups and networks
- If eligible for paid parental leave, you will be entitled to a top up payment for the first 18 weeks of the 26 weeks
- A minimum of four weeks and three days annual leave
Te Tākinatanga - Our Story
Toitū Te Whenua – Land Information NZ plays a vital role in understanding, developing and caring for New Zealand's whenua, moana and arawai (land, sea and waterways). Whether you're developing our products and services to support our customers, managing the Crown estate, engaging with our iwi partners, or helping us be an effective regulator, your contribution can make a difference. Our mahi helps New Zealanders have confidence that the development of our land, communities and country is being planned from an informed and expert position that balances environmental, social, cultural and economic considerations. Now and for future generations.
Our Kia Toipoto Intentions - Public Service Gender, Māori, Pacific and Ethnic Pay Gap Action Plan
Toitū Te Whenua is a diverse team of individuals with different experience and perspectives. This drives our culture and high performance. We know that people from underrepresented groups and women in particular don't apply for roles if they're not a 100% match, but we're not looking for perfection, we're looking for potential. As an inclusive and supportive employer, we value difference and want to encourage anyone interested to apply, regardless of whether you tick all the boxes or not. As an organisation we embrace diversity, encourage work life balance and have a flexible approach to the way we work which means you will quickly feel connected and valued.
Tono mai - How to Apply
If you're eyeing up this role and believe you've got what it takes, please apply or get in touch with the team.
To apply, please click “Apply Online.” You'll be taken through to our Toitū Te Whenua Careers Centre where you'll be able to review further information about the responsibilities and accountabilities of this role in the Position Description. You'll be able to complete your online application form and upload a copy of your CV/Cover Letter.
Please note, while applications close Monday 25 September 2023, we will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date. Therefore, please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. You must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand to be eligible for this position.
At Toitū Te Whenua we design our roles around shared capabilities (rather than focusing on tasks) and so you'll notice our role profiles are broad. This allows us to be responsive to our customers and to strengthen the connections across our organisation. It also gives us the flexibility to provide wider opportunities to our people, to further their careers. The broad-based role for this position is ‘Business Partner – Level 1'.
If you have any questions about this role or working at Toitū Te Whenua, please email email@example.com and our Recruitment Team will be in touch with you
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Land Information New Zealand|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||Business Partner - Hoa Kotui Pakihi - Tahi.pdf (PDF, 296KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.