General Manager MIQ Policy at Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Pivotal role in Managed Isolation and Quarantine
- Work with ministers on the government response to COVID-19
- Fixed term contract
About the role:
Managed Isolation and Quarantine (MIQ) has been set up as critical part of our border measures to keep COVID-19 out of Aotearoa New Zealand.
Working in MIQ is fast paced and dynamic. What unites our people is our passion for keeping all New Zealanders safe during an unprecedented global pandemic.
The General Manager MIQ Policy is part of the MIQ leadership team and is the lead MIQ policy official working with the Covid-19 Response Minister.
You will need to be agile to respond to the changing needs of MIQ as both the New Zealand and global response to COVID-19 continues to evolve. MBIE MIQ works in close partnership with the Ministry of Health and as part of the All of Government (AOG) response to COVID-19 so you will also be adept at managing a range of key relationships.
Skills and experience:
- Highly developed and proven leadership skills including the ability to engage and motivate staff and manage finances and resources.
- Experience working directly with ministers and delivering on their requirements
- Proven experience developing and maintaining key networks and stakeholder relationships at a senior level
- A strategic thinker who is able to make the connections between various aspects of the system, from strategy to policy to operations, and implications for their business unit.
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of the machinery of government and relevant operating procedures and policies and decision making processes that apply within the Public Sector.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents.
MIQ became a Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) business group on 13 July 2020. The purpose of managed isolation is to ensure COVID-19 is not spread to the community while enabling Kiwis and other exempted travellers to return to New Zealand safely. A key enabler of this work is collaboration across government.
Over 75,000 people have passed through MIQ since New Zealand stood up its response to COVID-19. We operate thirty-two managed isolation facilities in five regions.
A range of agencies including the Ministry of Health, All-of-Government, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, Police, Customs, New Zealand Defence Force, Aviation Security Service and other business groups in MBIE are working together to deliver an enduring MIQ system.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah Frost at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1497412 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday the 6th of December 2020.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||Position Description - GM MIQ Policy .pdf (PDF, 733KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.