Senior Ministerial Services Advisor at Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Senior Ministerial Services Advisor in one of MBIE's most diverse Groups
- Be part of a small team delivering high-quality Ministerial services for high-profile portfolios
- Showcase your excellent relationship and process management skills
About the role:
A great opportunity has arisen for a Senior Ministerial Services Advisor within MBIE's Labour, Science and Enterprise Group (LSE). You will gain in-depth exposure to a wide range of policy and operational subject matters, work with stakeholders across the group and MBIE, with the Ministers' offices and externally.
Your core responsibilities will include providing advice and drafting replies to a range of ministerial products that could include DOIAs, MOIAs, Ministerial Correspondence, WPQs, Privacy Requests and Ombudsman requests. Your role would include collaborating with LSE branches and wider MBIE business groups to source information and advice and contributing to team processes to ensure consistent and quality service delivery.
You are expected to:
- Be a self-starter and proactive
- Provide sound advice on all aspects of producing ministerial products to stakeholders and colleagues
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, Ministers' offices and MBIE central Ministerial Services team and Legal colleagues
- Identify and mitigate risk
- Provide quality assurance and peer support as required
- Contribute to a continuous improvement culture in the team through innovative ideas and a willingness to explore new practices and approaches.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 1 years experience in coordinating and writing responses to OIAs, Privacy Act requests and/or responding to Ombudsman requests
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, rules and regulations
- Political acumen and sound knowledge of Parliamentary and government structures and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy
- A demonstrated ability to form robust professional working relationships, which includes collaboration and co-operation with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to produce and recognise high quality work
- Can-do attitude and a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- The ability to work well under pressure, and to tight timeframes when needed
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
About Labour, Science and Enterprise Group
We support New Zealand-Aotearoa's people, businesses and regions to innovate, grow and prosper.
LSE helps boost the New Zealand economy by developing New Zealand's skill system, science and innovation systems, and labour market policy. We advise on labour market, immigration, health and safety at work and accident compensation policy, including managing related international obligations. LSE leads industry, investment and business development policy and programmes, including for tourism and major events. We lead science and innovation system policy and invest significant public funds. International partnerships and engagement are integral to LSE's trade remedies, innovation and space regulation functions. LSE also leads MBIE's monitoring arrangements for its Crown entities.
- Economic Development and Transitions
- Science System Investment and Performance
- Science Innovation and International
- Employment, Skills and Immigration Policy
- Workplace Relations and Safety Policy
- Entity Performance and Investment
- Group Operations
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Steve at Steve.Scannell@mbie.govt.nz if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 13th May.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||PD - LSE SMSA April 2021.doc (Word, 159KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.