Deputy Registrar (assisted dying) at Ministry of Health, Wellington/Auckland/Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Are you a medical practitioner looking for an opportunity to contribute to a world-leading regulatory scheme?
- Bring your clinical, analytical and decision-making skills to our nationally significant mahi
- Work within a supportive team with opportunity to expand your experience
- 0.75 FTE, 18 months fixed term role, hours negotiable. Open to Wellington, Christchurch or Auckland locations
Ko wai mātou - About Us
At Manatū Hauora we are the kaitiaki of the health system, providing leadership and driving strategy and performance. We regulate the health sector and are the primary source of advice on health matters. As we move away from the response to the Covid pandemic now is the time to look to the future, to ensure New Zealanders are cared for by a health system that is innovative, future focussed and world leading.
Ko tōu ake mahi - What You'll Do
The Deputy Registrar (assisted dying) position sits within our Quality Assurance and Safety Group, Regulatory Services Directorate. Our group is responsible for the administration of the End of Life Choice Act 2019 (the Act).
In this role, you will be accountable to the Registrar, Chief Clinical Advisor (assisted dying) and work closely with colleagues in the Regulatory Assurance team within our group to perform the statutory Registrar (assisted dying) functions as stipulated within the Act. You will also be providing technical expertise to inform future decision making and contributing to work programmes that best support the delivery of the Government's and Ministry's priorities and objectives.
Ko ngā pukenga ōu - What You'll Bring
- Significant clinical experience as a medical practitioner in the New Zealand health sector with a current annual practicing certificate
- Advanced clinical assessment, advisory and communication skills with the ability to make sound decisions in accordance with legislative requirements
- Ability to work with and influence a range of stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and provide quality information and advice on short notice
- Knowledge of machinery of government and experience in leading/contributing to work programmes, change management and facilitation will be advantageous
He aha ta tatou kawe mai - What We Bring
Flexibility – We understand everyone is different and treat most roles as flexible
Inclusivity – Our Values help us to provide a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace
Wellbeing – Our people can be themselves, are supported and able to perform well in their roles
Purpose – Our mahi is nationally significant and is improving the lives of New Zealanders
Ngā Uaratanga – Our Values
Our Values underpin how we work together and with the health and disability sector, public service colleagues and communities to achieve pae ora – healthy futures for all New Zealanders.
Manaakitanga – We show care, inclusion, respect, support, trust, and kindness to each other
Kaitiakitanga – We preserve and maintain an environment that enables our people to thrive
Whakapono – We have trust and faith in each other to do the right thing
Kōkiri ngātahi – We commit and work together towards a common purpose
Me pēhea te tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and apply, please follow the online process at our Careers Website. If you have any questions, email our Recruitment Team. Applications close on Sunday, 26 March 2023. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – For information on work visa eligibility, click here.
We value diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference could bring to us. Please contact us if there is any support we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is accessible to you.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Health|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||PD Deputy Registrar AD Quality Assurance Safety (Feb 2023 - FINAL).pdf (PDF, 152KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.