Advisor, Ministerial Advisory Committee at Ministry of Health, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Do you want to play a key role in New Zealand's largest health reform programme?
- Do you want to work in a supportive and high-performing team?
- Fixed term, full time role. Salary midpoint of $73,333. Actual salary dependent on your experience.
Ko wai mātou - About Us
The Ministerial Advisory Committee for Health Reform Implementation (the Committee) was established under the Pae Ora (Healthy Futures) Act 2022 to provide the Minister of Health with independent advice on reform implementation for the first two years of the new health system. The Committee consists of five members and a Chair, who each bring extensive experience from governance roles across the health sector.
The Committee plays a vital role in ensuring that the system is accountable to and meets the needs of the people it services. It has broad visibility of a range of activities across the system and provides periodic reports to the Minister of Health on key focus areas.
Ko tōu ake mahi - What You'll Do
As the advisor, you will provide support on key pieces of work within the work programme. The advisor will work with the senior advisor to provide high quality advice to the Heads of the Secretariat, the Chair and Committee members.
You will also support the development of the work programme that is consistent with the Terms of Reference and is able to be delivered within the available budget.
This role also provides the opportunity to establish relationships with the Chair and members of the Committee and key stakeholders from across the health sector.
Ko ngā pukenga ōu - What You'll Bring
- The ability to apply critical thinking, use sound judgement to develop options and provide advice.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, including the ability to think ahead.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster good relationships.
- Knowledge of machinery of government and the health reforms is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
He aha ta tatou kawe mai - What We Bring
- Flexibility – We understand everyone is different and treat most roles as flexible
- Inclusivity – Our Values help us to provide a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace
- Wellbeing – Our people can be themselves, are supported and able to perform well in their roles
- Purpose – Our mahi is nationally significant and is improving the lives of New Zealanders
Ngā Uaratanga – Our Values
Our Values underpin how we work together and with the health and disability sector, public service colleagues and communities to achieve pae ora – healthy futures for all New Zealanders.
- Manaakitanga – We show care, inclusion, respect, support, trust, and kindness to each other
- Kaitiakitanga – We preserve and maintain an environment that enables our people to thrive
- Whakapono – We have trust and faith in each other to do the right thing
- Kōkiri ngātahi – We commit and work together towards a common purpose
Me pēhea te tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and apply, please follow the online process at our Careers Website. If you have any questions, email our Recruitment Team. Applications close on Tuesday, 28 March 2023.
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference could bring to us. Please let us know if there is any support we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is accessible to you.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Health|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||PD - Advisor (MAC for Health Reform Implementation) ODDG, GES.pdf (PDF, 182KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.