Advisor, Māori Health Insights & Monitoring at Ministry of Health, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
A challenging and fast paced environment with opportunities to make a real difference for the future of Māori health and equity
- Supportive, fun and collaborative group where our culture is steeped in passion and laughter
- Wellington-based with support for flexible working conditions
- Salary midpoint of $73,333 actual salary dependent on your experience
Ko wai mātou | About Us
At Manatū Hauora – Ministry of Health we are the kaitiaki of the health system, providing leadership and driving strategy and performance. We regulate the health sector and are the primary source of advice on health matters. As we move away from the response to the COVID -19 pandemic now is the time to look to the future, to ensure New Zealanders especially our most vulnerable whānau are cared for by a health system that is innovative, equitable, future focussed and world leading.
The Insights and Monitoring team supports Te Pou Hauora Māori | The Māori Health Directorate to be the principal policy advisor to government for Māori health matters. Te Pou Hauora Māori leads the Ministry's kaitiaki | stewardship role to ensure the Ministry is meeting its obligations to Māori under Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tōu ake mahi | What You'll Do
We are currently recruiting for two Advisors within our Te Pou Hauora Māori | The Māori Health Directorate.
In this role you will use your quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to generate actionable insights to contribute to the development and delivery of quality advice to improve health outcomes for Māori.
Ko ngā pukenga ōu | What You'll Bring
- Commitment to improving equity of health outcomes for Māori
- Sound data analysis skills and good attention to detail with an ability to work with real world data and information
- Experience working with analytical tool sets, such as SAS or R
- Previous experience in applying critical thinking and using sound judgement to develop options and provide insights
- Proven ability to write and talk about complex issues clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- A tertiary qualification in statistics, economics, psychology, or another analytical discipline
- A working knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Māori equity and the application of the principles of Te Tiriti in planning and providing health and disability services
He aha ta tatou kawe mai | What We Bring
Flexibility – We understand everyone is different and treat most roles as flexible
Inclusivity – Our Values help us to provide a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace
Wellbeing – Our people can be themselves, are supported and able to perform well in their roles Purpose – Our mahi is nationally significant and is improving the lives of New Zealanders
Ngā Uaratanga | Our Values
Our Values underpin how we work together and with the health and disability sector, public service colleagues and communities to achieve pae ora – healthy futures for all New Zealanders.
Manaakitanga –We show care, inclusion, respect, support, trust, and kindness to each other
Kaitiakitanga –We preserve and maintain an environment that enables our people to thrive
Whakapono –We have trust and faith in each other to do the right thing
Kōkiri ngātahi – We commit and work together collectively towards a common purpose
Me pēhea te tono | How to Apply
To view the position description and apply, please follow the online process at our Careers Website. If you have any questions, email our Recruitment Team. Applications close on Thursday, 8 June 2023. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – For information on work visa eligibility, check out the Immigration New Zealand website.
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference could bring to us. Please let us know if there is any support we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Health|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||PD - Advisor - Insights and Monitoring team March 2023.pdf (PDF, 94KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.