Strategic HR Business Partner at NZ Ministry of Justice, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Deliver highly respected HR Business Partnering to specialised portfolios
- Partner with senior leaders and help shape organisational direction
- Act as a connector between your portfolio and specialist PX teams
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
You will be part of the People Experience (PX) team at te Tāhū o Te Ture - Ministry of Justice, and People Experience is the new name for our People function incorporating all aspects of the HR, ER, Recruitment, OD and L&D functions. We need an experienced and customer focused senior HR BP to support an awesome portfolio of independent agencies, including Te Arawhiti.
You've got the best of both worlds in this role. You'll be employed and supported by a manager and team of BP colleagues in the People Operations team at te Tāhū o Te Ture, but you get to operate independently to provide HR and ER advice to the leaders of two department agencies:
- Te Arawhiti (The Office for Crown Maori Relations)
- The Joint Venture Business Unit, responsible for working across 10 government agencies to address NZs high rates of sexual and family violence
Reporting to the Manager People Operations in PX, you'll have a dotted line to the Deputy Chief Executive, Organisational Services and the Director (DCE), Te Arawhiti. You'll be providing a dedicated focus to their needs by:
- being an “on the spot” partner with their senior leaders
- acting as the “connector” between specialist PX teams and your customers so they get accurate advice when they need it
- managing ER issues and change processes
- providing coaching, mentoring and training to people leaders
- doing regular reporting and providing insights on HR metrics and trends
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- generalist HR experience across a range of organisations including the public sector
- experience working as a Business Partner to senior leaders
- experience dealing with complex ER issues and leading organisational change projects
- a good understanding of the machinery of government
- stakeholder engagement expertise
- a commitment to honouring our responsibility to Māori, a strength in te ao Māori and building your own Māori capability
Mō te tīma/About our Team
The purpose of our newly formed People Experience team is to help the Ministry's people to have a great experience at work. This begins before people start with us and goes right though until they leave us. We build and operate the people-related practices that form the experience of the people who work here, in the areas of organisational development, learning, employment relations and human resources. We also advise and support the Ministry's people, including our leaders, as they do their jobs day-to-day. We're a group of committed specialists who want to make a difference.
Joining us means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
The appointing salary for this role is $100,221 - $130,876 with further room for progression through the band.
APPLY and complete the application form, attaching your CV and a cover letter.
Applications close on Sunday 20 June 2021. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Justice|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||Strategic PX Business Partner JVBU Te Arawhiti - May 2021.pdf (PDF, 235KB)
Strategic PX Business Partner JVBU Te Arawhiti - May 2021.pdf (PDF, 235KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.