Senior Business Analyst at NZ Ministry of Justice, Wellington Region
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its employees. We already have existing protocols in place to provide a safe workplace. We're now strengthening those protocols with a COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring that all roles across Te Tāhū o te Ture are carried out by people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All candidates are required to declare their COVID-19 vaccination status as part of the application process.
Are you an experienced Business Analyst looking for an opportunity to showcase your expertise in requirements and business value elicitation, stakeholder management and design thinking? We are on the lookout for an exceptional addition to our growing team of senior IT professionals, someone with 3+ years' experience who can help us enable digital project success. As a Business Analyst you will be involved in a range of technical projects playing a part in helping transform the justice system and create real-life impacts.
The Ministry of Justice is the only agency in New Zealand's public sector that works across all three arms of government: we work for the executive and the legislature, and we also support the independent judiciary.
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa. Our work covers a wide range of key functions, including, but not limited to:
- Supporting the judiciary to deliver court services for the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, High Court, District Court, Specialist Courts and Tribunals,
- Leading the justice sector, working closely with the judiciary and our sector colleagues – New Zealand Police, Dept of Corrections, Crown Law and the Serious Fraud Office,
- Negotiating historical Treaty of Waitangi claims, building positive and durable settlements between the Crown and Māori,
- Providing legal help and administer legal aid for those who can't afford a lawyer.
Mō te tīma/ About our Team
This role is within our Digital Office where we aim to create a smarter justice system through innovation and digitisation of products and services. Our purpose is to design and deliver digital products and services that provide value to the Ministry, judiciary and the New Zealand public. Within the Digital Office, our values guide everything we do:
- We know our customer and our impact,
- We provide secure and reliable services,
- We work together as one team with empathy, trust, generosity and courage.
We are proud to have a positive and collaborative workplace culture, one where people wellbeing is valued and supported.
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/ About the Role
We are seeking a highly experienced and mature Business Analyst who will be able to contribute to significant digital solutions and programmes of work currently underway and being planned as part of our digital journey.
You will be required to undertake analytical activities, from strategic and tactical business case writing through to requirements gathering, process documentation, translating business requirements into technical solutions and supporting their implementation. Utilising knowledge of best practice project delivery tools, this role is suitable for someone with the ability to lead conversations and provide guidance on how we can deliver the best outcomes for our stakeholders.
Part of a growing team of BAs, there is a great opportunity to contribute to the maturity of our BA Community of Practice.
He pūkenga tou/ Skills and Experience
When assessing applications for this role, we are looking for someone with these skills and experience:
- Variety of requirements elicitation and analysis techniques,
- Effective relationship management including leading business value conversations, influencing stakeholders at all levels and workshop facilitation,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Business Case writing,
- Benefit realisation planning and tracking,
- Critical thinking and bias towards action and collaboration,
- Understanding of service design techniques,
- Delivery of digital solutions using a range of project lifecycle methodologies, i.e. Agile, Waterfall, Lean, etc.
Why work for the Ministry of Justice
Working at Te Tāhū o te Ture means you are part of a supportive and collaborative environment with opportunities for career development with a variety of projects and a chance to influence. We are proud to have a friendly and sociable workplace that values diversity and celebrates achievement.
Some of the work benefits offered to our people are:
- Competitive salary and flexible working arrangement to ensure healthy work life balance,
- Wellbeing support and access to free EAP counselling,
- Transfer of Public Sector long service leave,
- Access to a range of internal training courses to grow both technical and soft skills, including Te Ao Māori,
- Contribution towards hearing and eye health,
- Discounted rates for gym membership, dental services and health insurance,
- Subscription to NZ news outlets and access to international research databases, eJournals and e-resources.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Salary Range: The appointing salary for this role will be between $91,130 and $128,654 per annum based on skills and experience.
Applications close on: 26 January 2022
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Justice|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||Business Analyst PD.pdf (PDF, 814KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.