Solution Architect at NZ Ministry of Justice, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its employees. We already have existing protocols in place to provide a safe workplace. We're now strengthening those protocols with a COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring that all roles across Te Tāhū o te Ture are carried out by people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All candidates are required to declare their COVID-19 vaccination status as part of the application process.
Are you an experienced Solution Architect looking for an opportunity to showcase your expertise in designing technology solutions that deliver business value?
We are on the lookout for an exceptional addition to our growing team of digital services, someone with 3+ years' experience who can help us enable digital project success. As a Solution Architect you will be involved in a range of technical projects playing a part in helping transform the justice system and create real-life impacts.
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/ About the Role
We are seeking experienced Solution Architects who will be able to contribute to significant digital solutions and programmes of work currently underway and being planned as part of our digital journey.
This role is paramount to ensure that any on-premise and cloud solution design decisions are based on common standards and principles, while delivering to the strategic goals of our stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you'll need to be a good communicator, interested in making a difference with cloud services like Azure and AWS and already have solid experience in design for sizeable businesses.
He pūkenga tou/ Skills and Experience
When assessing applications for this role, we are looking for someone with these skills and experience:
- Design of digital solutions using a range of core enterprise technologies, such as Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, etc,
- Strong experience with cloud (Iaas/Paas/Saas) technologies, such as AWS, Azure, Operations Management Suite, Office 365, Exchange Online, etc,
- Ability to work through architecture governance structures to assess and recommend most suitable solution option,
- Demonstrated experience incorporating security, recovery, audit, availability, performance and operational monitoring into solution design,
- Good understanding of and experience with architecture frameworks and methods such as TOGAF,
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated thought leadership,
- In-depth understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and/or product lifecycle,
- Supportive of continual improvement activities, with a learning mind-set and the ability to adapt to modern ways of working.
Mō te tīma/ About our Team
The Ministry of Justice is the only agency in New Zealand's public sector that works across all three arms of government: we work for the executive and the legislature, and we also support the independent judiciary. At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
This role is within our Digital Office where we aim to create a smarter justice system through innovation and digitisation of products and services. Our purpose is to design and deliver digital products and services that provide value to the Ministry, judiciary and the New Zealand public. Within the Digital Office, our values guide everything we do:
- We know our customer and our impact,
- We provide secure and reliable services,
- We work together as one team with empathy, trust, generosity and courage.
We are proud to have a positive and collaborative workplace culture, one where people wellbeing is valued and supported.
Why work for the Ministry of Justice
Working at Te Tāhū o te Ture means you are part of a supportive and collaborative environment with opportunities for career development with a variety of projects and a chance to influence. We are proud to have a friendly and sociable workplace that values diversity and celebrates achievement.
Some of the work benefits offered to our people are:
- Competitive salary and flexible working arrangement to ensure healthy work life balance,
- Wellbeing support and access to free EAP counselling,
- Transfer of Public Sector long service leave,
- Access to a range of internal training courses to grow both technical and soft skills, including Te Ao Māori,
- Contribution towards hearing and eye health,
- Discounted rates for gym membership, dental services and health insurance,
- Subscription to NZ news outlets and access to international research databases, eJournals and e-resources.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Salary Range: The appointing salary for this role will be between $107,010 and $151,072 per annum based on skills and experience.
Applications close on: 26 January 2022
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Justice|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||Solution Architect.pdf (PDF, 801KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.