Senior Analyst at NZ Ministry of Justice, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Analyst, Analytics and Insights, Courts and Tribunals
Sector Insights, Strategy, Governance and Finance (SGF) Group
National Office, Wellington
1 x permanent position
Do you want to work in a place where data drives decision making, where evidence is required and not an optional afterthought? Are you looking to develop your career and make a real difference? Make your next opportunity your best opportunity by joining the Ministry of Justice's Sector Insights group.
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Analyst to join us in our Analytics and Insights (Courts and Tribunals) team. Take your next step with us and:
- Help us create and communicate data insights that drive decision making
- Bring your curiosity and strong customer focus
- Grow your analytical skills in a highly engaged team with a great culture
- Work with supportive leaders that expect evidence and excellence
- Contribute to a safe and just New Zealand
You will be an experienced Senior Analyst or high performing Analyst looking to take the next step in your career. You will be joining a well-established team that works in partnership across the Ministry of Justice.
This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about delivering valuable insights to customers, and who enjoys the challenge of both technical problem-solving and forming great relationships with the users of our services.
Your primary role will be in supporting Courts and Tribunalswith a range of analytics and insights. You will also play a lead role in key team initiatives, including contribution to operational projects and improving our processes and products.
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we are committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
The Analytics and Insights (Courts and Tribunals) team is one of three teams within Sector Insights. The insights and advice we provide are highly sought after and our work is characterised by innovation, quality and impact.
Sector Insights is a multi-disciplinary group that brings together the best of strategy, policy, data analysis and research and evaluation capabilities to inform decision making by justice agency leaders. We support justice agencies to work together to deliver ambitious results for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
The Analytics and Insights teams turn data into insights to support the delivery of better services and outcomes for people engaging with the Justice system. We achieve this by helping to answer three critical questions: What is happening? Why is it happening? What would happen if?
Our work supports the Ministry's operational leaders and the Judiciary to focus their front-line improvement efforts on the areas that will make the biggest difference to New Zealanders.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
To be successful in the role, you will bring:
- Strong relationship skills, particularly the ability to understand and anticipate internal customer needs
- Experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of senior stakeholders to promote the importance and use of evidence-based insights
- Proven analytical skills and discipline (working knowledge of SAS is preferred)
- An aptitude for storytelling, conveying data and insights in an engaging way
- Experience guiding and mentoring others in a fast-paced environment
- Passion and curiosity – with a strong desire to explore new opportunities for using data insights to deliver better services and outcomes
- Motivation to further build your Te Ao Māori knowledge, including how we can improve our data and insights about Māori in the justice system
Tono mai/How to Apply
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its employees.
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close Monday 31 January and must be made through the Ministry of Justice's careers centre (www.justice.govt.nz/careerscentre). Once there please complete:
- the online application, this includes submitting your CV
- a cover letter in which you need to describe the skills and experiences you bring
Salary Range: The appointing salary for this role will be between $100,221 and $130,876 based on skills and experience.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means your safety and wellbeing is a top priority. We already have existing protocols in place to provide a safe workplace. We're now strengthening those protocols with a COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring that all roles across Te Tāhū o te Ture are carried out by people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All candidates are required to declare their COVID-19 vaccination status as part of the application process.
For any queries, please email Megan.Cooper@justice.govt.nz
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Justice|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||Senior Analyst PD.pdf (PDF, 489KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.