Court Security Officer at NZ Ministry of Justice, Southland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Court Security Officer – Queenstown
Queenstown District Court – Permanent, Full Time
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
As Court Security Officers we take pride in serving our community by providing a safe and secure environment for people to gain access to the justice system.
We interact, assist and build relationships with diverse groups of people every day, ensuring our courts operate without fear of intimidation or violence. Our Court Security Officers are a valued and an important part of the Court Justice system. We will ensure you have the training needed to operate as a Court Security Officer under the Court Security Act 1999 at induction training.
We encourage and strive for a positive team culture where Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence form part of our daily values in how we treat each other and our participants. You will form part of a professional supportive team where diversity and individuality are respected.
Overview of role:
- Welcome and engage with a diverse range of people who enter our courts
- Assess potential health, safety and security risks, mitigate and respond to incidents as they occur
- Interact with other agencies (i.e. Police, Corrections) to ensure smooth court operations
- Patrol public areas and carry out building security checks, responding to duress alarm activations and identify and respond appropriately to security incidents
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
- Excellent level of customer service experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Confident in using technology
- Positive mindset and a can-do attitude
- Hold full, clean New Zealand drivers' licence and clean criminal record
- Great work life balance working Monday to Friday
- Leadership opportunities with courses to grow and develop
- Full uniform and personal protective equipment provided
- Health, safety and security training and qualifications
- Opportunities to relocate Nationwide as vacancies arise
- Be part of a respected team within the New Zealand Justice System
This is a 40 hour a week role with some paid overtime available when extra cover is required. You may also be required to work a minimum 4-hour shift on Saturdays.
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
Working in the Queenstown District Court would be your home base, however when operational needs necessitate, there may be the requirement to also deploy to Gore, Alexandra or even Invercargill Courts. Travel costs are met by the Ministry.
Tono mai/How to Apply
Please use the "Apply" button to complete your application online.
For tracking purposes, all applicants must complete the online application form and submit via the online process.
Salary band for this role is: $50,128 to $70,768. Starting salary will be dependent on skills and experience
Applications Close 26 May 2022.
For further information, contact NSOadmin@justice.govt.nz and quote reference number: MOJ/1613935-B
The Ministry's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its employees. We already have existing protocols in place to provide a safe workplace. We're now strengthening those protocols with a COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring that all roles across Te Tāhū o te Ture are carried out by people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All candidates are required to declare their COVID-19 vaccination status as part of the application process.For Recruitment Advisor to fill for SEEK & TradeMe
SEEK & TradeMe Short Description:
Our people provide professional security services to the Courts and its stakeholders to ensure a secure environment for all to access Justice.
Standout SEEK & TradeMe Bullet points:
- Work in an environment where diversity is encouraged
- Regular hours providing a great work life balance
- Be part of a professionally delivered fully funded 3-week training course
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Justice|
|Attachment:||PD - NSO CSO - Mar 2021.pdf (PDF, 294KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.