Court Security Manager at NZ Ministry of Justice, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Court Security Manager – National Security Operations
Taupo & Tokoroa District Courts – Permanent, Full Time
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
As a Ministry of Justice Court Security Manager, you will take pride in managing Court Security Officers and leading Security operations for the Whakatane and Opotiki Courts.
Our officers take pride serving our community, we work hard to ensure a safe and secure environment so people can access the New Zealand Justice System without fear of intimidation or violence.
You will form part of the Central Court Security Management Team, working closely in consultation with other Court Security Managers, Court Service Managers, Judiciary and other Key stake holders in the Central Region.
The role is based in Taupo however, you will also be responsible to provide operational security services to the Tokoroa District Court as well as support to other Courts in the central region.
We offer first class accredited training and future opportunities to diversify, challenge and grow into other Specialist roles within Justice.
Comradeship comes with the job and you will need to be trusted to support your officers to deliver the excellent and professional services expected with our uniform.
This will be an overview of your role:
- Operational Security management in a complex and demanding environment
- Develop, coach and mentor your direct reports to their full potential
- Write detailed Operational Safety and Security Plans
- Engage and build relationships with a diverse range of people
- Manage Security screening, CCTV and electronic access control systems
- Implement and oversee standard operating procedures for Covid-19 Response
- Understand operational risks and make sound decisions quickly, decisively and confidently
- Collaborate with agencies including NZ Police, Department of Corrections, Oranga Tamariki and other Key Stakeholders.
- Oversee Security Incidents and reports
- Conduct Health and safety investigations
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
- Customer service, Security leadership, Defence or Government experience is desired but not essential
- Clearly demonstrated Management and Leadership
- Planning and prioritisation
- High level of conflict de-escalation skills
- Physically able to engage in full contact techniques
- Confident in using technology and security screening equipment
- Hold full, clean New Zealand Drivers Licence
- Create, develop and manage a diverse group of people
- A challenging and diverse working environment
- Health, safety and security training and qualification
- Leadership opportunities and courses to grow and develop
- Great work life balance working regular hours
External applicants will be required to attend a three-week residential training course in Wellington within three months of your start date
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
The Invercargill Court team are a dynamic and professional group who deliver a premium Health, Safety and Security service to all stakeholders and users of their court.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Salary range: The appointing salary for this role will be between $63,019 to $82,295 based on skills and experience.
Applications close on Sunday, 26th June 2022
Our Ministry's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its employees. We have a comprehensive range of health and safety protocols already in place across all our worksites to help keep our people safe from the effects of COVID-19. We strongly encourage and support all our people to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. Our current policy position is that vaccination is not a prerequisite for employment. However, while employed by Te Tāhū you will be bound by all policies, procedures and rules which are in effect at the time. This includes any future changes to our vaccination requirements.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Justice|
|Attachment:||PD - NSO CSM - April 2021.pdf (PDF, 186KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.