Service Manager at NZ Ministry of Justice, Auckland City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
- Permanent Role
- Based at the Auckland District Court
- Lead the driving and embedding of internal process improvements and initiatives in the criminal area
- Utilise your strong experience in change leadership experience and communication skills to effectively collaborate with across teams, our judiciary and stakeholder partners
All members of the Auckland leadership team play a vital role in enabling our people to deliver excellent court administration services. The duties of a Service Manager are to:
- Co-ordinate the day-to-day work of the team
- Lead and drive key internal process improvements and problem-solving towards best practices in collaboration with other teams, judiciary and key stakeholder partners
- Monitor and report on the performance and progress of our key business goals
- Build the capability of our people as part of our high-performance culture and work ethic
- Communicate key updates and strategies to our people, key stakeholders and judiciary
- Maintain high staff engagement to support them to deliver quality work every day
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
To be successful in this Service Manager role, you MUST be a highly experienced and effective people leader in an operational space and a strong communicator with a proven ability to engage and motivate teams to undertake the best court administration services with high accuracy and professionalism every day. You will:
- Be detail-orientated and observant
- Have exceptional organisation skills with a proactive and friendly attitude
- Understand how to use and analyse data insights and criminal reporting to identify solutions
- Be action-oriented to follow through on actions for effective operation service delivery
- Be energetic and can work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Be flexible, calm and resilient
Your strong and highly effective leadership experience working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment is a MUST for this leadership role, as well as your ability to be agile in response to changing priorities and needs, which will be crucial in this role.
You are also someone who can bring your thirst for improvement and positive leadership and coaching behaviours that will empower our people to provide excellent court administration services to Aotearoa every day. You will have a proven practical and proactive leadership style, excellent communication and relationship skills and positively energetic to lead and support our Auckland engagement and wellbeing activities across all teams.
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Salary Range: The appointing salary for this role will be between $84,366 and $110,172 based on skills and experience.
Applications close on: Sunday, 26th June 2022
Our Ministry's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its employees. We have a comprehensive range of health and safety protocols already in place across all our worksites to help keep our people safe from the effects of COVID-19. We strongly encourage and support all our people to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. Our current policy position is that vaccination is not a prerequisite for employment. However, while employed by Te Tāhū you will be bound by all policies, procedures and rules which are in effect at the time. This includes any future changes to our vaccination requirements.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Justice|
|Attachment:||Service Manager PD.pdf (PDF, 280KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.