Financial Accountant at NZ Ministry of Justice, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
We are expanding our team and are seeking a new Financial Accountant to join our high performing team of finance professionals. You will be responsible to complete monthly, annual and other financial reporting both internal/external. You will assist with the external audit process and month end tasks. You will review reconciliations and tax returns.
You will need to have sound technical accounting experience, the ability to prioritise your workload and meet deadlines while having an excellent eye for detail. Most importantly, you're a team player, have an open, approachable and collaborative communication style and are capable of building productive stakeholder relationships.
This is an exciting time to join the team as several significant projects are planned or underway.
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience within the public sector or large complex environment with the ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Knowledge and demonstrable competence in financial accounting practices and procedures.
- Previous experience in Government financial accounting and understanding the Machinery of Government would be advantageous.
- An ability to provide technical advice to business units in relation to accounting requirements.
- Experience in analysing technical accounting issues and assist business decisions with financial impact.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy, along with proven written and oral communication skills.
- A passion for improving business processes while maintaining a strong internal control environment.
- A self-starter, with the ability to use initiative, pre-empt information requests and be approachable with a can-do attitude.
- A commitment to building Māori capability - both personally and within the team.
- Holding or working towards being a Chartered Accountant (or equivalent).
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
The Financial Accounting function is one of four teams within the Financial Accounting & Control Team, which also includes Transactional Services, FMIS, and Collections. We are a team of nine that works together to achieve our deadlines and goals.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Salary Range: The appointing salary for this role will be between $71,720 and $93,658 based on skills and experience.
Applications close on: Sunday, 10 July 2022
Our Ministry's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its employees. We have a comprehensive range of health and safety protocols already in place across all our worksites to help keep our people safe from the effects of COVID-19. We strongly encourage and support all our people to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. Our current policy position is that vaccination is not a prerequisite for employment. However, while employed by Te Tāhū you will be bound by all policies, procedures and rules which are in effect at the time. This includes any future changes to our vaccination requirements.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Justice|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||Financial Accountant PD.pdf (PDF, 182KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.