Senior Developer - Business Intelligence at NZ Ministry of Justice, Wellington Region
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Join a high-performing team based in Wellington delivering Business Intelligence solutions for the Ministry of Justice.
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
As an expert in your field, you will engage directly with the business and ICT. Reporting to the Manager of Business Intelligence Services, your mandate is to build relationships with business leaders and help them identify opportunities for service improvements. You will partner with Ministry data analysts and business stakeholders to gather requirements for data and interactive visual dashboards supported by a central Enterprise Data Warehouse. You will develop new data feeds into the Enterprise Data Warehouse with specialised subject areas and BI reporting to support changing business operations and the Ministry's transformational work programme.
Key deliverables include:
- Developing business intelligence solutions using Oracle GoldenGate and Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) for data modelling to produce interactive reporting dashboards with SAS Visual Analytics (Viya) and PowerBI
- Producing detailed design plans for project tasks and activities that deliver business outcomes utilising industry best practice techniques and methodologies
- Assist in the monitoring and oversight of the daily operational tasks that support the Enterprise Data Warehouse and SAS Visual Analytics platforms
- Developing necessary documents (including but not limited to detailed technical design specifications, unit test plans / results)
- Work closely with IT Digital Office peers designing new core business services, ensuring Change Management and Incident Management disciplines follow ITIL standards and processes
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
Your experience will include:
- Operating at an intermediate or senior level in the Business Intelligence for a minimum period of 2 years
- Having a relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent industry experience
- Hands on development and design of Data Warehouse subject areas including hands on experience with Dimensional Modelling techniques
- Development using Oracle Databases (SQL and PL/SQL) or similar technology
- Business Intelligence development using ETL tools, ideally with experience using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- An understanding and experience using industry leading Business Intelligence presentation tools such as SAS Visual Analytics (Viya) or PowerBI
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
This Ministry is on the path to becoming a leader in business intelligence. With support from the Chief Executive, there is the real opportunity for your work to change the way the Ministry works with information for effective decisions and planning. The team is becoming recognised for solving common system-wide challenges and would welcome further fresh ideas. This is your opportunity to cement your reputation as a ground breaking industry expert.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Salary Range: The appointing salary for this role will be between $91,130 and $119,005 based on skills and experience.
Applications close on 2 October 2022.
Our Ministry's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its employees. We have a comprehensive range of health and safety protocols already in place across all our worksites to help keep our people safe from the effects of COVID-19. We strongly encourage and support all our people to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. Our current policy position is that vaccination is not a prerequisite for employment. However, while employed by Te Tāhū you will be bound by all policies, procedures and rules which are in effect at the time. This includes any future changes to our vaccination requirements.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Justice|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||PD Senior Developer Business Intelligence.pdf (PDF, 263KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.