Service Manager at NZ Ministry of Justice, Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Service Manager Family/Civil — New Plymouth and Hawera District Courts
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
We are offering an opportunity for an experienced leader to lead the Family/Civil Team, based in New Plymouth, and the Hawera DC-based Team, both high performing teams of frontline Courts and Tribunals employees.
The Service Manager reports to the Manager Justice Services and works collaboratively with the team to deliver modern, accessible, people-centred justice services.
To be successful in this role you will be an energetic, enthusiastic, people leader with demonstrated skill managing diverse teams. You will need to build and maintain effective and robust relationships with external and internal stakeholders, and you will be expert at driving a high-performance culture where standardisation, consistency and accountability are underpinned by the values of respect, integrity, service and excellence.
The Service Manager's primary focus is to coach and support employees to increase capability and build a culture of high performance. The role is responsible for overseeing the delivery of services to improve operational quality and consistency across the team and wider Regional Service delivery group.
If you fit the bill, then you will be joining our team at a challenging and genuinely exciting time. We would offer the successful person the opportunity to make a difference, the chance to be part of a vibrant and dynamic team, learn new and interesting things, and gain experience in a wide range of areas.
Your duties will include:
- Leading Service Delivery and Performance
- Leadership of People and Operational management
- Manage relationships internally and externally
- Build others and own capability
- Health and Safety
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will need the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Operational management experience, or experience at a senior level in positions of responsibility, ideally in a Court or Tribunal environment
- Preferably a working knowledge of Family & Civil jurisdictions
- Proven experience of collaborating and working effectively with others to get results
- Proven leadership skills to motivate and lead staff to achieve targets and understand their contribution to the bigger picture
- Good track record in supporting and implementing changes to business and work processes.
- Family Violence – An understanding of Family Violence and its impacts will assist in this role.
- Resilience – there are times when working in the courts, you will be working on sensitive cases and sometimes confronting information.
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Salary Range per annum: The appointing salary for this role will be between $84,366 and $110,172 based on skills and experience.
Applications close on 9 October 2022.
Our Ministry's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its employees. We have a comprehensive range of health and safety protocols already in place across all our worksites to help keep our people safe from the effects of COVID-19. We strongly encourage and support all our people to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. Our current policy position is that vaccination is not a prerequisite for employment. However, while employed by Te Tāhū you will be bound by all policies, procedures and rules which are in effect at the time. This includes any future changes to our vaccination requirements.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Justice|
|Attachment:||Service Manager - PD.pdf (PDF, 451KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.