Building Senior Advisor, Property Management Team at NZ Ministry of Justice, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Building Senior Advisor, Christchurch Justice and Emergency Services Precinct
- Be instrumental in driving innovative and creative technology solutions within a complex environment.
- Become the subject matter expert in all aspects of the fabric of the building and maintain the blueprints for ongoing developments.
- Assist in maintaining and improving the Precinct business continuity and emergency management procedures.
The Ministry of Justice provides a range of justice services around New Zealand. We have more than 3000 people working across 120 locations around the country, all working towards our vision of a safe and just New Zealand.
We are currently seeking a Building Senior Advisor to work with the Precinct Manager to support the management, planning and delivery of projects, improvement initiatives, and business-as-usual process and procedure fixes that support our partner agencies (NZ Police, Corrections, Fire and Emergency NZ, St John) at the Christchurch Justice and Emergency Services Precinct.
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
This is a unique role based at a one-of-a-kind facility within Aotearoa. As Building Senior Advisor, you will work collaboratively within the Precinct Management Team to provide specialist advice to Precinct partners within a fast-paced environment. To deliver effective customer-centric solutions, you will utilise your skills and experience, preferably from a government co-location environment, to provide direction and building infrastructure expertise to the Precinct Management Team and Precinct agencies. Your contributions will enable the Precinct property team to deliver consistent and practical advice to Precinct partners.
Most importantly we are looking for a Building Senior Advisor who supports a culture that focuses on the customer, continuous improvement and standardisation, accountability, and stakeholder engagement. A key focus of the role is to support the development of the Precinct business continuity and emergency management procedures in conjunction with senior stakeholders across all agencies, therefore an ability to develop and maintain effective relationships is essential.
This is a full time, permanent position based in the newly opened Justice and Emergency Services Precinct in the centre of Christchurch.
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have the following experience, skills, and attributes:
- Experience in building construction and in-depth understanding of building services including building management systems, mechanical services, (electrical, hydrologic, fire, security & facilities management).
- Knowledge of critical services, operations, and infrastructure to maintain a comprehensive 24/7 working environment.
- Providing oversight of relevant legislation relating to property management and building standards.
- Extensive knowledge of planned and preventative maintenance programmes.
- Extensive experience in outcomes-based facilities contract management that delivers tangible results.
- Experience and/or knowledge of commercial property leasing desirable.
- Providing advice in a complex customer-centred organisation.
- Providing written reports and presentations to a high standard.
- Communicating with a wide range of audiences on complex issues.
- Working with senior managers.
- Understanding of public sector systems and processes, including the use of performance information to inform decision-making.
- Experience in working with other agencies, service providers and key stakeholders, and managing relationships across sector groups.
- Operational experience in medium or large organisations.
- Experience working in a high-paced environment where you are required to influence and respond to changing needs and priorities.
- Sound understanding of All of Government contract management principles and offering.
- Lead role in coordinating service providers, contractors, utility services and resource providers.
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
The appointing salary for this role will be between $71,720 and $93,658 based on skills and experience.
Applications close on 1 December 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Justice|
|Attachment:||PD Building Senior Advisor - Property Management Team.pdf (PDF, 179KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.