Court Registry Support Officer - Tauranga at NZ Ministry of Justice, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Court Registry Support Officer, Tauranga
District Court (Criminal) - Permanent Full Time
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
Work in a team where you'll support the day to day operations of the court by supporting the administration function and providing customer service.
- Support the jury service function
- Provide support and advice to our diverse customer base
- Manage the archiving and filing of court records
As a Court Registry Support Officer your day will involve you engaging with our customers, including Lawyers, Judges, and the public – whether it be over the phone or face to face. You'll work closely with Court Registry Officers and support them while they take Court and manage case files.
Day to day you will be responsible for:
- Providing timely and efficient customer service
- Supporting Judges and Court Registry Officers both in and out of the courtroom
- Supporting jurors for trial hearings
- Providing general administrative support for Court Registry Officers, including photocopying, scanning and filing
- Managing the incoming and outgoing mail
- Managing evidence exhibits
- Accounts payable, and data entry
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have proven customer service experience. You will need to be confident, able to multitask, flexible and adapt to change with ease. You'll also enjoy a challenge and be motivated to learn.
To be successful, you will need to be:
- Detail orientated and observant – the court has many different processes and case information needs to be accurate;
- Self-aware –our customers are unique, and you will be confident working, both individually and as a team, across a range of situations;
- Multi-task –some of our processes are repetitive, but you'll be able to manage conflicting priorities and move from one task to another quickly;
- Willing to learn – legislation and processes in the courts is always changing and you will be able to adapt and take onboard feedback.
- Resilient – there are times when working in the courts, you will be working on sensitive cases and sometimes at high volume.
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Creating a continuous learning environment is important to us. As the successful applicant, you will bring your thirst for knowledge and improvement. You will have an individual training plan and be supported to carry out the role.
As an organisation, we support our people with building their wellbeing knowledge and understanding offering a range of wellbeing tools and support.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Salary Range: The appointing salary for this position will be between $48,184 to $56,136 based on skills and experience
Applications close on Sunday 4 December 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Only applicants with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this position.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Justice|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Attachment:||Court Registry Support Officer Job Description .pdf (PDF, 223KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.