Service Manager - Kaikohe at NZ Ministry of Justice, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Service Manager - Kaikohe District Court
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
We are seeking an experienced and capable people leader to lead our Kaikohe District Court Team. This is a permanent full-time role based in Kaikohe.
We are looking for someone who can bring with them experience in change leadership with a primary focus on overseeing the operational delivery of services in a busy court environment.
As service manager you will be responsible for supporting the team to deliver high quality service to our judges and participants.
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Tāhū o te Ture – the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
This role is the sole Service Manager on site in Kaikohe and is one of 5 Services Managers in the close-knit Te Tai Tokerau leadership team. This role reports to the Manager of Justice Services Taitokerau, based in Whangārei.
All members of the Te Tai Tokerau leadership team play a vital role in enabling our people to deliver excellent court administration services. The duties of a Service Manager are to:
- Co-ordinate the day-to-day work of the team
- Lead and drive key internal process improvements and problem-solving towards best practices in collaboration with other teams, judiciary and key stakeholder partners
- Monitor and report on the performance and progress of our key business goals
- Build the capability of our people as part of our high-performance culture and work ethic
- Communicate key updates and strategies to our people, key stakeholders and judiciary
- Maintain high staff engagement to support them to deliver quality work every day
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
To be successful in this Service Manager role, you MUST be a highly experienced and effective people leader in an operational space and a strong communicator with a proven ability to engage and motivate teams to undertake the best court administration services with high accuracy and professionalism every day. You will:
- Be detail-orientated and observant
- Have exceptional organisation skills with a proactive and friendly attitude
- Understand how to use and analyse data insights and criminal reporting to identify solutions
- Be action-oriented to follow through on actions for effective operation service delivery
- Be energetic and can work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Be flexible, calm, and resilient
Your strong and highly effective leadership experience working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment is a MUST for this leadership role, as well as your ability to be agile in response to changing priorities and needs, which will be crucial in this role.
You are also someone who can bring your thirst for improvement and positive leadership and coaching behaviours that will empower our people to provide excellent court administration services to Aotearoa every day. You will have a proven practical and proactive leadership style, excellent communication, and relationship skills and positively energetic to lead and support our Te Tai Tokerau engagement and wellbeing activities across all teams.
Tono mai/How to Apply
If successful, you will be invited to an interview in Whangārei on a date to be confirmed. Please note that we cannot progress your application if you are not able to attend.
The appointing salary for this role will be between $84,366 to $119,105 based on skills and experience.
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on 30 January 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Justice|
|Attachment:||Service Manager - PD.pdf (PDF, 451KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.