Coronial Case Manager at NZ Ministry of Justice, Manawatu/Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Coronial Services Case Manager, Palmerston North
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
As a Coronial Services Case Manager, you will be based in Palmerston North and will work alongside a resident Coroner. You will be responsible for co-ordinating all matters referred to the Coroner in the Central Region. On occasion, there may be times when you are called upon to assist on other matters or other Coroners outside your region.
This is a challenging and interesting role that will allow you to utilise your administrative experience, people and relationship management skills to a high level and be part of the team that provides New Zealanders with a first-class Coronial Service.
These key responsibilities will include:
- Gathering all inquiry information and reports both physical and electronic and be able to present the information to the Coroner concisely
- Case management of large volumes of electronic files (while keeping a physical files)
- Maintaining our electronic database (CMS) is up to date, complete and accurate
- Liaising and providing information to stakeholders and Government Agencies, in particular, our interested parties, Police and others
- Contributing to monitoring and reporting on the Coronial Services Unit activities
- Ability to arrange and support your Coroner to conduct a preliminary hearing or court take an inquest
You will have strong interpersonal skills that will support your work with the Coroners, but also be capable of dealing with distraught family members in sensitive circumstances. An ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds is essential.
You will be expected to provide excellent and highly organised case management support to our Coroners. You will need to build and maintain excellent relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
To be sucessful in this role you will:
- Work effectively and calmly in stressful situations
- Be able to handle viewing graphic coronial material
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be highly organised, able to prioritise and multitask
- Have exceptional record-keeping skills with accurate typing and data entry
- Have a good working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Have the ability to work both with direction and independently
- Have relevant previous experience from any other similar roles
This is a challenging role that will allow you to utilise your empathy, case management experience, people and relationship management skills to a high level and be part of the team that provides a first-class Coronial Service to all New Zealanders.
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
The appointing salary for this role will be between $54,689 and $71,417 based on skills and experience.
Applications close on 7 February 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Justice|
|Attachment:||Coronial Case Manager PD.pdf (PDF, 183KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.