Principal Advisor at NZ Ministry of Justice, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Principal Advisor, Office of the Deputy Secretary Corporate and Digital Services (CDS)
12 months Fixed-Term
Te whiwhinga mahi/The Opportunity
The Principal Advisor supports the Performance and Planning Lead and other management to enhance the performance and planning processes of CDS.
The Principal Advisor will enhance and implement performance reporting and business planning processes. Additionally, they will lead cross-business unit initiatives as required to build the capability.
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
We are looking for a candidate that has:
- principal advisory experience in large and complex organisations, including advising executive leaders and their teams to enable effective decision making
- experience establishing integrated planning processes
- sound knowledge of public sector processes, including the annual accountability cycle
- demonstrated experience in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- demonstrated ability to identify, collect, organise and analyse complex data to provide information and enable decision-making
- is a team player with motivation to learn from others.
Ko wai mātou/Who we are
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Joining Te Tāhū o te Ture means you will become part of an organisation that welcomes and supports people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disabilities and religions.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu/Why you will enjoy working here
- Contributions to prescriptions for glasses
- Online professional development portal
- Access to a variety of inclusive and proactive networks, including Pasifika, Māori, Rainbow and Women's.
- Free and confidential counselling sessions
The appointing salary for this role will be between $124,397 - $173,973 based on skills and experience
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on the 1st of October; however, we will be reviewing CVs as they come in and inviting successful candidates to interview before the close date.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Justice|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||JD - Principal Advisor Planning and Performance - CDS FINAL.pdf (PDF, 225KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.