Senior Advisor at NZ Ministry of Justice, Wellington Region
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Advisor – Operations Support, Courts & Tribunals, Regional Service Delivery
Te whiwhinga mahi/The Opportunity
This role presents a great opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive Senior Advisor who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of work. This role provides direct advice and support to frontline service delivery across the Courts and Tribunals teams, as well as providing a high standard of well-reasoned advice to senior managers and ministers.
The key functions of this role are maintaining oversight of key issues and risks associated with courts and tribunals, building and maintaining critical relationships across the Ministry and with external sector partners and stakeholders.
As a Senior Advisor you will be coaching more junior staff and supporting peers, as well as demonstrating you are an action-orientated critical thinker who can remain pragmatic in the delivery of your work. Key elements for this role include driving national consistency and building a collaborative and multijurisdictional work environment. This includes understanding the wider Family Justice reforms and working to support the completion of project items and specific family jurisdictional tasks.
He pūkenga tou /Skills and Experience
To be successful in the position you will:
- Have a proven history of delivering work on time and to a high standard
- Have exceptional written skills and ability to meet the given audiences needs
- Be a proven communicator and able to build trust relationships across a wide range of audiences
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you are required to influence and respond to changing needs and priorities
- Be able to see things from many different points of view and make connections to various streams of work
- Knowledge of the Machinery of Government and an understanding of courts and tribunals operations is beneficial.
This is an exciting time to join a fun and innovative team and help shape the services we deliver to New Zealanders.
Ko wai mātou/Who we are
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
The Regional Service Delivery Group supports the function of the District Court, five Specialist courts and 27 Tribunals and Authorities across New Zealand. We comprise nearly two thirds of the Ministry of Justice and we support over 600 Judicial Officers.
The Operations Support team is a multi-disciplinary team that brings together the best of:
- Collaborating effectively with other teams and stakeholders
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Triaging, scoping and delivering work program priorities to high standards
- Developing practical tools and information to support the frontline
- Excellent team culture and nationally consistent advice
Joining Te Tāhū o te Ture means you will become part of an organisation that welcomes and supports people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disabilities and religions.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu/Why you will enjoy working here
- Contributions to prescriptions for glasses
- Online professional development portal
- Access to a variety of inclusive and proactive networks, including Pasifika, Māori, Rainbow and Women's.
- Free and confidential counselling sessions
The appointing salary for this role will be between $94,377 - $131,591 based on skills and experience.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on the 1st of October; however, we will be reviewing CVs as they come in and inviting successful candidates to interview before the close date.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Justice|
|Attachment:||Job Description - Senior Advisor, Operations Support Sept 2023.pdf (PDF, 206KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.