Judges Associate (Executive Assistant) at NZ Ministry of Justice, Auckland City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Court Judge's Associate/Executive Assistant- Auckland City
Permanent- Full Time
Te Haeata/The Opportunity
Are you an experienced and professional Executive Assistant looking for a new and interesting role in the Justice sector?
We are looking for a person who will provide high level executive administration support as Judge's Associate to an Auckland High Court Judge. A Judge's Associate works directly with the Judge on a daily basis. This key role has a range of responsibilities and tasks including but not limited to: completion, formatting and distribution of judgments, managing case work diary management and travelling with the Judge on circuit to other courts.
This is a full-time position.
Ō pūkenga/Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will be required to have:
- Extensive experience providing executive support within the court systems or a legal firm
- Advanced level of proficiency in office procedures, business processes and database management
- Advanced IT capability in a wide range of applications plus the ability to quickly learn and keep up to date with constantly changing technology trends
- Typing speed of at least 80 wpm with a very high level of accuracy and presentation
- Available for domestic travel (and days or possibly weeks away from home) may be involved
Mō mātou/About us
Judges' Associates are part of Te Tari Toko I Te Tumu Whakawā the Office of the Chief Justice (OCJ) team. You will become part of a team that values you and the judiciary we support. Our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported, and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
Joining Te Tāhū o te Ture means you will become part of an organisation that welcomes and supports people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disabilities and religions.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu/Ngā painga o tēnei wāhi mahi/What's great about working here
We offer you a range of benefits to support your wellbeing and help make the Ministry a great place to be. These include:
- 31days annual leave entitlement
- flexible work hours where possible
- an online professional development portal
- access to a variety of inclusive and proactive networks
See our full range of benefits here.
With a wide range of jobs, you also get the chance to gain a variety of skills and experience while developing your career.
The appointing salary for this role will be between $65,066 and $90,008 based on skills and experience.
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on 25 February 2024; however, we will be reviewing CVs as they come in and inviting successful candidates to interview before the close date.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|NZ Ministry of Justice
|Legal & courts
|Associate Job Description - Auckland.pdf (PDF, 211KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.