LIMS Developer at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
MPI's Animal Health Laboratory (Upper Hutt) and PHEL (Tamaki and Christchurch) laboratories are mission-critical in supporting New Zealand's biosecurity requirements and this role is key in transforming their toolsets.
Fixed term until January 2023
Salary between $75,000 and $102,000 a year
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
The LIMS Developer will be focused on developing and implementing LabWare capability that improves laboratory throughput and quality and provides innovative support for MPI's laboratories.
No two days are the same and key responsibilities include:
- Active involvement as a key team member in significant and high priority projects (using an Agile approach) to deliver change into MPI's operational use of LIMS
- Resolving issues relating to LIMS and the information contained in the system
- Helping to implement change management in the way LIMS supports the laboratories
- Developing tools and capabilities that provide end-to-end management of samples and results from the field, through the Labs, to geospatial epidemiological analysis (for Surveillance, Investigations and Response).
- Ensuring that LIMS developments and enhancements accurately reflect prioritised business requirements
- Involvement in times of biosecurity response - working with the laboratories and response teams to provide additional assistance
Mōu - About You
This is an opportunity to put your LIMS LabWare systems experience into action!
We require motivated people with proven LabWare knowledge and ability, strong customer focus, and excellent communication skills both written and oral. Previous experience of change management, quality systems and frameworks will be highly advantageous.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries is helping to seize export opportunities for our primary industries, improve sector productivity, ensure the food we produce is safe, increase sustainable resource use, and protect New Zealand from biological risk.
Ahurea - Culture
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We are fair in our behaviour and our policies promote equal opportunity for all. We provide numerous training programmes and opportunities for people to continuously improve their skill sets and keep up to date with global best practices. MPI has a focus on career pathways so this is the first step in your career with us and we will help you grow.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days a year
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare Schemes
- Paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae) please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The closing date is Monday 31 January 2022.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Fixed Term FT|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||PD LIMS Developer September_.pdf (PDF, 306KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.