Service Manager at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Role Type: Permanent
Salary Band: $102,588 to $138,796 depending on skills and experience
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
We are looking for a high performing Service Manager with a can-do attitude and strong customer focus to support our customers. You will be advising and managing the delivery of ICT services to MPI users. You will understand the customer needs and will be working with the Infrastructure Service Owners, ICT Business Partners and vendors to ensure that the services delivered meet the business's needs.
You will be part of the Service Delivery Team in BTIS. The role reports to the Manager Service Delivery. This is a full time permanent position based in Wellington
Mōu - About You
- You will provide customer support, advice, guidance and assistance on ICT services and solutions relating to hardware, software, telephony, printing and MPI network. You will respond to customer queries through various channels, you will lead escalations and solve problems.
- You will maintain existing relationships with our Stakeholders as well as proactively build trusted relationships across MPI. You will work with our vendors' service desks and other vendor delivery functions to identify and address ICT operational needs and issues. You will use your business operations knowledge and expertise and apply your judgement and decision-making skills to influence stakeholders towards best practice.
- You will analyse requests to recognise recurring patterns and you will identify improvements to ICT services and work with relevant stakeholders to implement them.
- You will assist in the development of strategy for Service Delivery-related Business Systems and assist in maintaining software and hardware records.
- You will keep our user manuals, FAQ's, Intranet, guidelines etc. up to date and work with Learning and Development team to make improvements when required. You will play a role in developing and implementing communication plans and manage the delivery of professional communications.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
MPI has a strength of common purpose and a passion to sustainably grow and to protect Aotearoa, for the benefit of all New Zealanders. It's no mean feat and we have a team of hard working and dedicated people in a variety of roles supporting us to make this happen. Our overall ambition is for New Zealand to be the most trusted source of high value natural products in the world. We're working towards sustainability, protection, growth and participation.
Our work stretches all the way from the Beehive to the border. If you want a career where you help New Zealand be the world's most sustainable provider of high-value food and primary products in a very real way then this is it. Our team is collegial, supportive and hard working. MPI has a focus on career pathways so this is the first step in your career with us and we will help you grow.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About the Team
The Business Technology and Information Services (BTIS) Directorate is part of the Corporate Services Branch within MPI. BTIS's vision is ‘making business easier and better' and our horizons remain to ensure we deliver to business outcomes as outlined in MPI's Information Technology Strategy.
To achieve our vision, BTIS has to be an exceptional service provider, a highly effective team, a creative innovator, change enabler and a responsive integrator between MPI, government, suppliers and industry.
Ka mahitahi mātou o te ratonga tūmatanui kia hei painga mō ngā tāngata o Aotearoa
i āianei, ā, hei ngā rā ki tua hoki. He kawenga tino whaitake tā mātou hei tautoko i te Karauna i runga i āna hononga ki a ngāi Māori i raro i te Tiriti o Waitangi. Ka tautoko mātou i te kāwanatanga manapori. Ka whakakotahingia mātou e te wairua whakarato ki ō mātou hapori, ā, e arahina ana mātou e ngā mātāpono me ngā tikanga matua o te ratonga tūmatanui i roto i ā mātou mahi.
In the public service we work collectively to make a meaningful difference for New Zealanders now and in the future. We have an important role in supporting the Crown in its relationships with Māori under the Treaty of Waitangi. We support democratic government. We are unified by a spirit of service to our communities and guided by the core principles and values of the public service in our work.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Near new offices close to Railway Station
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Parental leave ex-gratia payment
- Paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
- Flexible working - We support work life balance and flexible work arrangements whenever possible
To join a diverse and interesting organisation that offers a wide range of career opportunities click on our link below!
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The closing date is midnight Sunday 5th December 2021
If you have any questions about the role, please email Lexi.Dalgity@mpi.govt.nz referencing MPI21/1583017
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||Service Manager - JD.docx (Word, 103KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.