Senior HR Adviser at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an exciting, fast-paced and often complex environment, working within supportive People and Capability teams!
Senior Human Resources Adviser
Role Type: Permanent Full-Time
Salary Band: $92,073 to $124,570 depending on skills and experience
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
We are looking for a Senior HR Adviser to work in our Wellington office to provide expert advice and support across workforce planning, remuneration, culture development, employment agreements, employment legislation, employment relations, change management, performance management and management/staff development.
Our Senior HR Advisers provide People and Capability advice and support to managers and leadership teams as trusted advisers. They are busy generalist roles that require resilience, agility and customer-focus. The Senior HR Adviser is expected to be proactive in providing People and Capability services to the business, including the implementation and maintenance of MPI People and Capability systems and processes.
The goal is to achieve successful results in the following areas:
- Developing people capability for a diverse and capable organisation;
- Providing customer-centric products and services as an agile trusted adviser; and
- Growing connections within the People and Capability Directorate, across MPI and externally.
Mōu - About You
Key to your success in this role will be your excellent relationship management skills – you need to be able to quickly develop and maintain trust and confidence with key customers and senior leaders across a wide range of disciplines. Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) is essential.
- Naturally, you will offer previous experience in generalist HR work within a large and complex organisation as an agile, customer-focused, and trusted adviser.
- Experience in implementing and embedding organisational change to help to achieve objectives, along with knowledge of relevant and current employment legislation will be critical.
- Previous experience working with navigating collective employment agreements and in an operational environment is advantageous and will enable you to hit the ground running.
- In addition, you will be a strong communicator and effective at building trusted relationships with managers and staff, employee representatives and unions.
If this sounds like you and you have the motivation and desire to be successful within a dynamic team, we encourage you to submit your application.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
We offer plenty of opportunities to grow professionally, technically and/or managerially, develop expertise in your field of interest, all while being supported by dedicated managers and colleagues who are keen to share their knowledge and experience.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is helping to seize export opportunities for our primary industries, improve sector productivity, ensure the food we produce is safe, increase sustainable resource use, and protect New Zealand from biological risk.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About the Team
Our people and capability advisers provide trusted advice on strategy, policy and programmes aligned to our strategy, and supports the enabling of its implementation. We provide advice and support to staff on employment relations, conduct, remuneration, negotiating collective agreements, change management and much more. We also work with managers on developing strategies for growing their teams' leadership and management capability, and help teams realise their potential.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Near new offices close to Railway Station
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Parental leave ex-gratia payment
- Flexible working - We support work life balance and flexible work arrangements whenever possible
To join a diverse and interesting organisation that offers a wide range of career opportunities click on our link below!
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The closing date is Midnight Sunday 5th November 2021
If you have any questions about the role, please email Lexi.Dalgity@mpi.govt.nz quoting reference MPI21/1583885
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||Senior HR Adviser - JD - Nov21.docx (Word, 66KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.