Manager Data Engineering at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Role type: Permanent Full-Time
Salary band: $119,759 - $162,027 depending on skills, capabilities, and experience
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
The Manager Data Engineering leads the Date Engineers within the Data and Information (D&I) team in Business Technology and Information Services (BT&IS).
The Data Engineering team is responsible for structuring, transforming, preparing and migrating data to make it available for analysis and business use. This ranges from the design of the structures, to the development of tools and approaches for data transformation and preparation to the engineering of the processes for migrating data between systems. The team works closely with both the Information and Data Architects and Analysts to ensure data is managed consistently and supports business needs.
The Data Engineers are responsible for defining and designing the data structures which hold the Ministry's data. They work with the business to understand the datasets and the analytic and business needs. From this understanding they design and build appropriate data structures including the logical data and physical models. They are responsible for sourcing and transforming the data to bring it into those data structures used automated methods.
The Manager Data Engineering is a people leader as well as leading the overall capability. They manage the engineers' development, performance and day to day work as well as setting the overall frameworks and guidance for the team. They are responsible for maintaining the Ministry's overall information and data processes and understanding and describing our data engineering practice.
Mōu - About you
We are looking for someone with the following skills and capabilities –
- Tertiary qualification or comparable experience in a field strongly aligned with the management of data and/or data engineering
- 5-7 years experience delivering data engineering services
- Experience leading people
- Experience with data engineering frameworks
- Comfortable in managing customer-facing roles liaising with all levels of management and staff
- A proven track record of successful Business and IT Stakeholder management
- Significant demonstrated experience in vendor management
- Strong relationship management experience at a senior level with both internal and external stakeholders
- Managing staff; administrative, financial and personnel systems and processes; and in developing and implementing support systems within government organisations
- Knowledge of strategic and business planning processes
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare Schemes
- Parental leave ex-gratia payment
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The successful applicant must be able to obtain the relevant security clearance. Please visit http://www.mpi.govt.nz/about-mpi/careers/apply/security-clearance for more information.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Conrad Cheung at Conrad.Cheung@mpi.govt.nz who will point you in the right direction.
The closing date is 11:59pm, 30 November 2021.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||BTIS L5 Manager Data Engineering Nov 2021 (sfia8).docx (Word, 68KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.