Reporting Analyst Digital Portfolio at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Role type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Wellington City
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
The Reporting Analyst will be a key member of the Digital Portfolio Office team, responsible for providing analysis, insights and recommendations to support oversight and decision-making regarding MPI's digital investment plan. Through the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data, the role will provide high quality, accurate advice and reporting to inform funding, strategy, planning, and outcomes delivery. Demonstrated ability to convert data into visually meaningful outputs will be highly advantageous.
Mōu - About You
You will utilise your excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders. This will enable you to work with our different customers in various business units to ensure that reporting needs are met, and that the quality and accuracy of information is maintained.
What you will bring
- A proactive, can-do attitude with an affinity for problem solving.
- A background in data analysis and information reporting, especially performance related reporting, preferably in an area supporting leadership in making strategic, management, and operational decisions
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, PowerBI, and/or other reporting and analytical tools including data visualisation skills
- Proficiency in gathering business requirements and designing reports and dashboards that meet and/or exceed those needs
- Some knowledge and understanding of the range of portfolio, programme and project management (P3M) approaches and central government reporting requirements
This role is pivotal in our ability to help us understand how our portfolio is performing and provide trend analysis to enable future decision-making. We are looking for a team player who can make positive contributions to our team culture.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries is helping to seize export opportunities for our primary industries, improve sector productivity, ensure the food we produce is safe, increase sustainable resource use, and protect New Zealand from biological risk.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Modern offices close to Railway Station
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare Schemes
- Parental leave ex-gratia payment
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Bi-annual paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
- Employee Assistance Programme (counselling support)
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
If you're interested we are open to discussing flexible working options with you. This can take many forms such as (but not limited to) reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, compressed hours or term-time work. Please feel free to talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need and we will explore what's possible for the role.
To join a diverse and interesting organisation that offers a wide range of career opportunities click on our link below.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The closing date is 11:59pm Sunday 5 December 2021
Please note: if you are applying for an internal secondment, please make sure that your manager is aware and supports your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com who will point you in the right direction.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||Reporting Analyst Digital Portfolio.pdf (PDF, 175KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.