BA Capability Lead Digital Portfolio at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Role type: Permanent Full-Time
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
This is a critical role which will build a small, brand new internal Business Analysis (BA) practice to ensure we understand our customers and develop the right solutions - the right solutions which will enable successful benefits realisation. Apart from setting up BA frameworks, artefacts and the continuous improvement of these, the role will also be responsible for the recruitment and people management of Business Analysts. The role will work very closely with the Manager Digital Portfolio on the portfolio delivery plan and people resource pipeline.
The BA Capability Lead role is critical to ensuring that we capture business and technical requirements to ensure that firstly, we are solving customer problems and secondly,we are using well documented and understood requirements to solve those customer problems. This role will be right for you if you have either established or led a BA practice or are a senior BA with aspirations to develop a small, internal BA practice. You will be part of the Digital Portfolio Office and work in collaboration with ICT project managers, ICT business partners, architects, delivery teams and business stakeholders. The successful delivery of our digital projects and programmes is key to ensuring that benefits realisation can occur after project/programme completion. You have a talent for understanding complex customer scenarios with excellent depth and clarity and able to communicate this in a clear and succinct way. We are looking for a team player who can make positive contributions to our team culture.
Mōu - About You
- A proactive, can-do attitude with an affinity for problem solving.
- 5+ years of business analysis experience along with great communication skills.
- Experienced in customer centric environments
- Practised in hybrid ICT application development environments
- Comfortable working with cross functional, cross-organisational teams
- Capable of working with technical, complex products and services
- Have established a BA practice or have aspirations to establish one, backed by demonstrable business analysis experience at a senior level
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries is helping to seize export opportunities for our primary industries, improve sector productivity, ensure the food we produce is safe, increase sustainable resource use, and protect New Zealand from biological risk.
The Digital Portfolio Office at MPI is in its setup phase and will provide oversight of all digital projects and programmes at MPI. This covers the end-to-end planning, delivery and ongoing assurance and benefits tracking of all digital projects and programmes.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Modern offices close to Railway Station
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare Schemes
- Comprehensive one-week MPI Induction Programme
- Parental leave ex-gratia payment
- Workstation assessment
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Bi-annual MPI-paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
- Employee Assistance Programme (counselling support)
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
If you're interested we are open to discussing flexible working options with you. This can take many forms such as (but not limited to) reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, compressed hours or term-time work. Please feel free to talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need and we will explore what's possible for the role.
To join a diverse and interesting organisation that offers a wide range of career opportunities click on our link below
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The closing date is 11:59pm Sunday 5 December 2021.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Conrad James Cheung at email@example.com who will point you in the right direction.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||BA Capability Lead Digital Portfolio.pdf (PDF, 191KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.