Adviser Animal Products at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Role Type: Fixed-Term, 12 months
Location: Wellington City
Salary Band: $66,111 to $89,445 per annum. Dependent on skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
An Adviser Animal Products contributes to the development, evaluation and review of standards, programmes and implementation tools which are used to control production and processing of animal products so that those products are safe and suitable for their intended use. This work is technically challenging and requires liaison and coordination with several different internal and external stakeholders to ensure that standards are science-based, practical, achievable, and effective.
An Adviser would be expected to work with other MPI personnel and to provide expert advice within MPI and to external stakeholders. An Adviser would be expected to provide support to other members of the team.
Mōu - About You
To be successful for the role you should have:
- a relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. food technology, microbiology, veterinary)
- good relationship management skills
- flexibility in your approach to new challenges and ideas
- sound communication skills, both oral and written
- appropriate knowledge of New Zealand's primary production and processing of animals, or food processing
- knowledge of food safety and an understanding of food processing
- knowledge of current trends in the national and international food regulatory environment
- familiarity with New Zealand's regulatory systems and legislation associated with primary production and processing or food
- experience in the development of implementation tools (such as guidance documents and templates) to help implement those standards
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries is helping to seize export opportunities for our primary industries, improve sector productivity, ensure the food we produce is safe, increase sustainable resource use, and protect New Zealand from biological risk.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
Mō te peka - About the Branch
The position is in the Food Regulation Directorate within MPI's New Zealand Food Safety branch. This branch leads our food safety system. It provides the requisite confidence, transparency and trust to domestic and overseas consumers, overseas regulators and the primary industries as to the credibility, integrity and strength of our regulatory settings and systems for food safety. We can offer variety, and unique opportunities to develop your skills within a large and dynamic organisation.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare Schemes
- Paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career's portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The closing date is 5th December 2021
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Fixed Term FT|
|Category:||Primary industry, trade & manufacturing|
|Attachment:||AAP - Adviser Animal Products.docx (Word, 120KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.