Senior Regional Adviser at Ministry for Primary Industries, Palmerston North
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Role type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Palmerston North
Salary band: $75,758 to $124,570 depending on skills and experience
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting team that supports the primary sector and rural communities to be thriving, sustainable and resilient.
The role will be part of the Rural Communities and Farming Support group, and will have the chance to lead and participate in some key pieces of work, including:
- Supporting rural communities, farmers, growers, and their families through changing times and challenging situations. We have a key role in responses and recovery following adverse events affecting the primary sector and rural communities.
- Providing regional intelligence on issues and opportunities affecting the primary sector and rural communities, and sharing on the ground perspective into policies, programmes and services.
Ngā Pūkenga me ngā Wheako – Skills & Experience
To be successful, we are looking for someone who has the following attributes:
- Experienced analyst, ability to think critically and provide intellectual leadership
- Relevant technical experience and qualifications, such as a background in economics, applied sciences (e.g. agriculture), public policy or resource management, and able to apply this expertise across the primary sector and rural communities
- Experience/knowledge of the ‘Machinery of Government'
- Excellent relationship management skills, able to relate to a range of key regional and sector stakeholders, and front and resolve complex issues
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to prepare high quality advice (written and verbal) and credibly represent interests
- Ability to apply a high degree of independent initiative within MPI frameworks.
- Local and primary sector knowledge and networks relevant to this role.
- Project / programme management skills
If this sounds like you and you have the motivation and desire to be successful within a strong team of professionals, then we want to hear from you!
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is responsible for ‘Growing and Protecting New Zealand'. It's no mean feat, and we have a team of hard working and passionate people in a variety of roles both on the ground and in the office supporting us to make this happen.
MPI has a focus on career pathways and we will work with you to help you grow.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Bi-annual paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
- Employee Assistance Programme (counselling support)
- Study assistance may be available
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The closing date is 25th January 2022
Please note: if you are applying for an internal secondment, please make sure that your manager is aware and supports your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Category:||Science and Environment|
|Attachment:||PD - Regional Adviser_Senior Regional Adviser RCFS September 2020.pdf (PDF, 310KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.