Senior Business Analyst at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ma tau rourou, ma taku rourou, ka ora te iwi.
(With your basket and my basket, the people will thrive.)
- Work in a high-profile area and make a significant impact for New Zealand.
- Join Biosecurity New Zealand's Portfolio Management Office to provide essential support for the delivery of a key programme within the Biosecurity New Zealand portfolio.
- Full-Time, Permanent.
- Based in Wellington.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
We are looking for a high performing Senior Business Analyst to provide essential support for the delivery of the Biosecurity New Zealand Domestic Biosecurity Systems Programme.
This is an opportunity to play a key role in ensuring Biosecurity New Zealand can respond promptly and effectively to biosecurity threats and incursions to our Primary Industries.
The Programme will deliver the necessary changes to achieve a Domestic Biosecurity System that is integrated, accessible, timely and accurate, providing the right information to the right people at the right time. The Programme will encompass information and computer systems, processes and workforce capability.
You will apply sound business analysis techniques, while retaining the flexibility to adjust to meet shifts in priorities. You will be comfortable working within a matrix-based programme environment.
You will be responsible for analysis work across all phases of the Programme – from Programme definition through to closure. Your tasks will include:
- Develop, design, document and implement new services, processes or tools, and
- Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of processes and procedures across the Programme using proven process improvement methodologies.
- Support the Programme Manager with the delivery of a Programme Blueprint and Programme Business Case suite.
- Development of the roadmap to deliver the future state for the programme
- Lead / facilitate workshops and work with senior members of MPI.
You will support the Programme Manager through:
- Timely provision of information, analysis and advice, to enable the Programme and sub-projects to carry out their mandates and drive improvement.
- Actively participating as a member of the Programme Team and through relevant business and MPI forums.
- Working collaboratively with other Business Analysts within and across other directorates, ensuring that the work is coherent, efficient and effective, and shared strategic priorities are understood.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will bring:
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience at management level.
- At least 5 years' experience as a Senior Business Analyst.
- Proven experience that involves provision of advice, analysis and internal consultation and engagement.
- Experience supporting development of programme blueprints and business cases.
- Understanding of the public sector and the machinery of government.
- Experience in developing Requirement's identification, gathering and assessment:
- Can clearly and quickly identify and define the issue, problem, or opportunity, and
- Can develop the appropriate plan/approach to collect the necessary information, engage with right areas/people, and perform the required analysis to confirm or modify the current approach, or recommend changes.
- Experience in solution assessment and validation to assess and validate any recommended changes or solutions.
- Understand and have experience in analytical thinking and problem solving using accepted frameworks, approaches techniques and tools.
- An advanced knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- A working knowledge of MS Project or other project management software.
- A working knowledge of common project and programme methodologies
- Ability to be a safe pair of hands to navigate the ambiguity of the response process, work with senior stakeholders and challenging personalities.
- Ability to lead / facilitate workshops and work with senior members of MPI.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple and easy to understand way.
- Be able to communicate effectively across all organisational levels, and with external vendors, stakeholders and customers.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
You will be part of the Portfolio Management Office (PMO) in Biosecurity New Zealand. Reporting to the Manager Biosecurity Programmes through the DBS Programme Manager. This is a permanent, full time position.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is responsible for ‘Growing and Protecting New Zealand'. It's no mean feat, and we have a team of hard working and passionate people in a variety of roles both on the ground and in the office supporting us to make this happen.
MPI has a focus on career pathways and we will work with you to help you grow.
To see the benefits of working at MPI, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do, please click here
If you want a career where you help to grow and protect New Zealand in a very real way then this could be it. Our team is collegial, supportive and hard working. MPI has a focus on career pathways so take this step in your career with us and we will help you develop.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click on “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
For internal candidates please make sure your current manager is aware of your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Conrad Cheung at firstname.lastname@example.org who will point you in the right direction.
Applications close: Monday 31 January 2022.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Attachment:||Senior Business Analyst - Domestic Biosecurity System PD.pdf (PDF, 384KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.