Veterinary Technical Supervisor 2 at Ministry for Primary Industries, Hastings
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Role Type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Hawkes Bay
Salary: $104,863 per annum plus benefits. Starting salary will be dependent on the successful applicants' skills and experience. In addition to salary, we offer overtime and shift allowances
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
The purpose of this role within Verification Services (VS) is to provide a range of food safety and biosecurity verification and certification services to support market access strategies and setting standards.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone who prides themselves in their ability to communicate and educate others.
The role is varied, and you will be expected to do the following
- Communicate well with internal and external stakeholders
- Complete ante mortem inspections and educate others on post-mortem inspection
- Maintain knowledge within the farming communities and be involved in on farm verification!
- Provide certification for animal exports
Salary from this role starts from $89,133 progressing with experience to $104,863 per annum plus benefits. Starting salary will be dependent on the successful applicants' skills and experience. In addition to salary we offer overtime and shift allowances.
Mō te peka - About the Branch
Reporting to the Team Manager Establishment Hawkes Bay, the role sits within the Establishment group of the Verification Services directorate. MPI Verification Services (MPI VS) provides a range of food safety and biosecurity verification and certification services to support market access strategies and setting standards.
With varied landscapes from the surfing beaches in Gisborne to the Art Deco city Napier and the pastoral landscapes of Central Hawkes Bay there is something for everyone in Hawkes Bay.
The VTS2 role is based at Progressive Meats in Hastings working alongside the 3-strong veterinary team to provide verification and certification at plant level as well as contributing to the wider team's on farm verification tally. The role is 40 hours per week with shift work rotating between morning and night shift, with compensation provided for shift work and unsocial hours, as well as overtime compensation. The current team is experienced and able to hep a new person grow and develop at a varied, complex and interesting plant.
Ngā Pūkenga me ngā Wheako – Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will:
- Be a New Zealand registered Veterinarian (Or be able to obtain registration with VCNZ)
- Have verbal and written skills, and analytical reasoning skills
- Demonstrate integrity and trust, ethics and values, resilience, adaptability, and openness
- Have experience persuading and influencing, teamwork, planning and organising
- Have computer literacy – can operate standard and customised software to an acceptable standard e.g. word-processing, excel, internet, email
- It is advantageous if you have knowledge of HACCP/Quality Assurance in Food Safety however, this is included in your training.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Three additional (MPI holidays) leave days, sick leave, shift leave, long service leave plus the NZ standard annual leave requirements of 4 weeks
- Structured working week where you get paid overtime after working 40 hours and unsociable hours compensation, such as night shift allowance and penal rates if applicable.
- Wellness benefit for employees including reduced premiums for Group Healthcare Schemes
- This is a gateway to a wider career path within the Ministry for Primary Industries. This is a great entry point opportunity into a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation that wants you to achieve your potential.
- You'll be given the opportunity to further develop technical and leadership skills with a comprehensive in-service training which includes interpersonal and communication skills, as these are critical aspects in this position.
- Employee Assistance Programme (counselling support)
Whakamātau Whakapōauau me te Waipiro - Drug and Alcohol Screening
Please note, given this position is safety sensitive the preferred applicant/s for the position will be required to undergo a drug and alcohol pre-employment screening test. Further information on this process can be found on our careers site under the application process, on pre-employment checks page.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career's portal.
The closing date is 31st January 2022
If you have any questions about the role, please email Fitz.Gessler@mpi.govt.nz
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Category:||Primary industry, trade & manufacturing|
|Attachment:||JD Veterinary Technical Supervisor 2 Establishment (1).pdf (PDF, 371KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.