Senior Adviser - Fisheries Contracts Portfolio at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Role type: Permanent Full-time
Salary band: $78,817 to $124,570 depending on skills and experience
Kei te tino whai whakaaro ngā tāngata o Aotearoa ki ā rātau mahinga ika me te taiao moana.
Ko tā Te Tini a Tangaroa, he whakahaere i ngā rawa ika kia tino whai hua ai mō ngā tāngata o Aotearoa.
Mā te mahi me mātau ka hoki koe ki te kāinga i runga i te mōhio i whai kiko ō mahi mō te whakahaere o ngā mahi whakahaere i ngā rawa ika o Aotearoa me te taiao moana whānui kia toitū ai.
New Zealanders care deeply about their fisheries and marine environment.
Fisheries New Zealand works to ensure that fisheries resources are managed in a way that provides the greatest overall benefit to New Zealanders.
Working with us means that every day you'll go home knowing you've made a positive contribution to the sustainable management of New Zealand's valuable fisheries resources and their wider marine environment.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Adviser, Fisheries Contracts Portfolio to help the Fisheries Science team to deliver a substantial and important package of outsourced research services. The Senior Adviser will be responsible for supporting procurement and contract management of fisheries research, and take the lead on monitoring the research investment made by Fisheries NZ. The Fisheries Research (approximately $20 million annually) undertaken underpins the sustainable management of New Zealand's valuable fisheries resources.
Ngā kawenga mahi – What will you be doing?
Some of the key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Commercial relationship management of Fisheries New Zealand strategic vendors
- Role model MPI's organisational values and uphold our commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- Commercial analysis and review of the current and potential future supply market and develop recommendations for the future direction and strategy
- Ensuring that agreements and contracts remain current and reflect the service provision (i.e. ensuring that any renewal or review activities are undertaken)
- Developing a thorough understanding of the policy and legislative mechanisms define the services and ensuring that internal stakeholders are kept up to date on any aspects that may impact the efficacy of the commercial relationship
More details prescribed in the attached job description.
Ko te tangata mo tēnei tūranga? – Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of managing high profile strategic contracts
- A good understanding of the operations of central government in New Zealand
- Proven track record in managing significant contracts/agreements and contract reporting/management
- A strong background in IT systems, commercial management and/or contract law
- Proven ability in developing and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders including managers and peers
- Experience in the development of complex specifications and needs analysis for strategic contracts.
- An understanding of commercial fishing in New Zealand is desirable for this role.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries ensures the food we produce is safe, helps seize export opportunities for our primary industries, improves sector productivity, increases sustainable resource use, and protects New Zealand from biological risk.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono – How to apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 5 July 2022
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Attachment:||PD - Principal Adviser Fisheries Contract Portfolio_updated.pdf (PDF, 217KB)
PD - Senior Adviser Fisheries Contract Portfolio May 22.pdf (PDF, 205KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.