Lead Intelligence Analyst at Ministry for Primary Industries, National
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Location: Auckland, Wellington, or Christchurch
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
MPI have created new and exciting opportunities by establishing Lead Intelligence Analyst roles within the MPI Intelligence Group.
We are looking for an exceptional Lead Intelligence Analyst to join the Intelligence & Targeting Team (ITT). You'll be part of a team responsible for the development and delivery of intelligence and targeting outputs to further enhance border protection. ITT is part of the Integrated Targeting & Operations Centre (ITOC), you will be working closely with MPI intelligence professionals and partner agencies to develop and enhance the Ministry's intelligence capability. Your work will directly inform tactical, operational, and strategic decision makers across Biosecurity New Zealand. This role can be based in Auckland, Wellington, or Christchurch.
The purpose of the Lead Intelligence Analyst role is to bring high-level expertise to the conduct and coaching of complex or challenging analysis, delivering expert intelligence analysis, and contributing to the development of national intelligence analysis capability through exemplary practice. The ITT Lead Intelligence Analyst will work across all areas the team are responsible for - leading complex projects and working with the team leadership to support the development of analysts, growing internal and external networks, and aid in setting the team's work programme.
The salary for this role is between $92K - $108K depending on skills and experience.
Mōu - About You
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience as an intelligence analyst or in a strongly similar working environment
- Experienced at translating complex analytical methodologies, insights and outputs to all levels of the organisation from analytical practitioners through to senior management.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching analysts and delivering training on tools, techniques and methodologies
- Experience in developing and managing positive relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary and inter-agency environments with a proven track record of contributing to high quality outcomes for decision makers
- Awareness of the Treaty of Waitangi and its principles, and a growing understanding of its relevance to New Zealand and to MPI
Ahurea - Culture
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We are fair in our behaviour and our policies promote equal opportunity for all. We provide numerous training programmes and opportunities for people to continuously improve their skill sets and keep up to date with global best practices. MPI has a focus on career pathways so this is the first step in your career with us and we will help you grow.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare Schemes
- Comprehensive one-week MPI Induction Programme
- Parental leave ex-gratia payment
- Bi-annual MPI-paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
- Flexible working. We support work life balance and flexible work arrangements whenever possible.
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
If you're interested we are open to discussing flexible working options with you. This can take many forms such as (but not limited to) reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, compressed hours or term-time work. Please feel free to talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need and we will explore what's possible for the role.
Ngā Taki Whakahaumaru - Security checks
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in NZ for at least the last ten (10) years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last ten (10) years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
- click here to find out more about the national security vetting process and access the eligibility self-checktool.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
To join a diverse and interesting organisation that offers a wide range of career opportunities click on our link below.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The closing date is 11:59 pm on 26 May 2022.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Conrad James Cheung at email@example.com who will point you in the right direction.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Attachment:||Lead Intelligence Analyst PD.pdf (PDF, 322KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.