Senior Adviser Risk Planning, Auditing & Reporting at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Adviser Risk Planning, Auditing & Reporting
Use your excellent analytical skills and audit experience to contribute to the success of our new ‘Plan safe, be safe | Mahere haumaru, kia haumaru' programme
Location: Wellington preferred but other locations will be considered.
Salary Range: $92,073 to $108,321 depending on skills & experience
Ma tau rourou, ma taku rourou, ka ora te iwi (with your contribution and my contribution the people will prosper)
- Do you enjoy turning data into actionable insights?
- Are you great at designing, implementing, and documenting processes and procedures?
- Have you got the skills to assess and inform within an agile work program advancing operational risk management?
Then we have an exciting opportunity in our new Compliance Risk Management Team as a Senior Adviser Risk Planning, Auditing & Reporting. You will be responsible for driving and delivering the implementation of and insights from assurance mechanisms.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
As a Senior Adviser Risk Planning, Auditing & Reporting you will operationalise assurance processes, deliver audits of systems and behaviour, and report to key stakeholders. Giving you the opportunity to engage with a diverse range of people. Your guidance will inform successful behaviour change strategies, and advance our ability to anticipate, understand, and develop responses to risk. Your work will contribute to the Compliance Services team getting and using - best practice, the correct tools, and the right support.
This role will give you a chance to drive the development of a risk management framework from the ground up. Designing change that supports practical implementation on the front line, and delivering strategy supported by insightful reporting.
Mōu - About You
The successful candidate will:
- Have an analytical mindset with audit and system design experience
- Demonstrate excellent organisation and planning skills
- Possess intra and inter-personal skills along with good communication and reporting skills
- Be able to deliver and maintain concise professional documentation
- Engage with a range of frontline managers and staff across regulatory compliance.
- Drive the development of assurance and reporting for risk management practices.
- Promote whanaungatanga through learning and the sharing of experiences.
- Be part of a dynamic team working collaboratively on a broad program of work.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries is helping to seize export opportunities for our primary industries, improve sector productivity, ensure the food we produce is safe, increase sustainable resource use, and protect New Zealand from biological risk.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days over the Christmas period
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employeesComprehensive one-week MPI Induction Programme
- Parental leave ex-gratia payment
- Bi-annual MPI-paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
- Flexible working - we support work life balance and flexible work arrangements whenever possible
To join a diverse and interesting organisation that offers a wide range of career opportunities click on our link below!
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The closing date is Friday 27th May 2022.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Deepti.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Category:||Science and Environment|
|Attachment:||CS RMT Senior Adviser Risk Planning, Auditing & Reporting PD.docx (Word, 98KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.