SPECIALIST ADVISER EXPORT ASSURANCE at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Specialist Adviser Export Assurance
Ma tau rourou, ma taku rourou, ka ora te iwi (with your contribution and my contribution the people will prosper)
- Would you like to be part of a team that supports NZ exporters by working to ensure that our trading partners can have trust and confidence in New Zealand's primary products
- Are you familiar with New Zealand's primary product export processes?
- Are you keen to be part of the New Zealand's digitalisation transformation?
- If this sounds like you and you are up to a challenge, keep on reading!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Specialist Adviser to join the Food and Live Animal Assurance Team in a permanent position.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
As a Specialist Adviser Export Assurance your role will be focusing on digital solutions for underpinning government assurances and the growing use of e-Commerce for exports of primary products. You will also be expected to support the work being done by the rest of the team and the Directorate in improving and, where practicable, harmonising assurance frameworks.
Assure the ongoing integrity, safety and reputation of New Zealand's primary products, particularly animal products and food, being exported by:
- Maintaining awareness of changing trade practices, the emergence of non-traditional trade channels and systems supporting digital trade facilitation.
- Maintaining awareness of, and where appropriate inputting into the development of standards and guidance related to eCommerce and electronic certification both at a national and international level.
- Working with MPI policy to develop e-commerce principles that recognise and manage food safety, biosecurity and reputational risks
- Reviewing as appropriate regulatory controls and assurance frameworks across the supply chain for non-traditional trade channels.
- Planning and leading a programme of work to implement electronic certification (government assurances) for exported and imported primary products.
- Leading, or supporting, work to deliver digital solutions for controls underpinning government assurances, especially in the area of verification.
- Supporting the work being done by the rest of the team and the Directorate in the improvement and harmonisation, where practicable, of the assurance framework for animal product, food and live animal sectors.
The starting salary will be between $109,626 and $128,972 depending on skills and experience.
Ko te tangata mo tēnei tūranga? - Who are we looking for?
Ideally applicants for this role should have:
- 10 years' experience in a relevant government department
- Understanding of food export and import assurance systems
- Understanding of border control activities in NZ and overseas
- Understanding of how information technology can be used to support assurance functions
- Experience in writing discussion documents and documents for Senior Leaders and/or Ministers.
- Most of all, a can-do attitude!
It would be desirable to also have:
- Proven history of New Zealand policy development.
- Knowledge of Animal Products Act, Food Act, Wine Act and Biosecurity Act.
- Knowledge of food production and processing systems
- Knowledge of HACCP and risk management systems
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
The Food and Live Animal Assurance Team is responsible for setting the rules for the export of food and live animals and for ensuring that appropriate systems and controls are in place to support the issue of export certificates (Assurances). We're a small team but have a broad, international view. There are many billions of dollars' worth of product flowing through our system, so it's important we get it right.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) vision is that 'New Zealand will be the world's most sustainable provider of high-value food and primary products.' It's no mean feat, and we have a team of hard working and passionate people in a variety of roles both on the ground and in the office supporting us to make this happen.
MPI has a focus on career pathways and we will work with you to help you grow.
To see the benefits of working at MPI, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do, please click here
If you want a career where you help to grow and protect New Zealand in a very real way then this could be it. Our team is collegial, supportive and hard working. MPI has a focus on career pathways so take this step in your career with us and we will help you develop.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click on “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
For internal candidates please make sure your current manager is aware of your application. Please note this is an opportunity to move into trade policy at your current level.
Applications close: 29 May 2022.
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact Nancy Nguyen - Talent Acquisition Adviser via Nancy.Nguyen@mpi.govt.nz
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Category:||Science and Environment|
|Attachment:||Specialist Adviser Export Assurance - JD.pdf (PDF, 208KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.