Senior Programme Adviser at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Programme Adviser
Role type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Wellington City
This is an opportunity to take up a key and a very exciting role in the Strategy & Planning team that is in New Zealand Food Safety. This is a fast-paced, interesting role that will build project and programme management capability within New Zealand Food Safety. The Senior Programme Adviser will provide intellectual leadership, share best practice, and provide advice to New Zealand Food Safety colleagues to ensure their success in managing projects and programmes.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
We are looking for some with background in programme and project management. The role will help provide tailored advice and support to project/programme managers, executives, and project board members throughout the project lifecycle, identifying fit-for-purpose practices that facilitate effective delivery to achieve the business benefits.
The role also helps lift New Zealand Food Safety' project/programme management capability by building project and programme management capability and maturity. In addition, the role will advise New Zealand Food Safety business teams on benefit realisation by managing risks, issues, and opportunities.
You will find more specific competencies, skills, and experience required for this role in the attached position description.
Salary range: $109,626 - $148,318, depending on skills and experiences.
Mōu - About You
You will bring to the role:
- Well-developed project and programme management skills and experience
- Well-developed stakeholder engagement and relationship skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work at pace
- A good understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi | the Treaty of Waitangi
- Experience in providing high level and high-quality project and programme management advice to team managers, project managers and senior managers
- Knowledge and experience in improving project and programme capability and maturity
- Well-developed time management skills
- Good working knowledge of common project and programme management methodologies, like Prince2, Agile, MSP, etc.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
The Strategy and Planning team:
- delivers a food safety strategy that is fit-for-purpose;
- ensures that New Zealand Food Safety contributes to the MPI Strategy, the Statement of Intent, and other organisational strategies as required;
- implements an approach that ensures strategies are connected, sequenced, and resourced in business and investment plans; and
- support New Zealand Food Safety strategic programmes and projects and build the capability, culture, and systems to deliver.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
MPI is responsible for ‘Growing and Protecting New Zealand'. It's no mean feat, and we have a team of hard working and passionate people in a variety of roles both on the ground and in the office supporting us to make this happen. MPI has a focus on career pathways and we will work with you to help you grow. To see the benefits of working at MPI, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do, please click here
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click on “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
For internal candidates please make sure your current manager is aware of your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Nancy Nguyen, Talent Acquisition Adviser - Nancy.Nguyen@mpi.govt.nz
Applications close on 21 August 2022
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Attachment:||JD Senior Programme Adviser.pdf (PDF, 277KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.