Executive Coordinator at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Role: Executive Coordinator
Role type: Permanent part-time (24 hours per week - 0.6 full-time equivalent)
Salary band: $60,331 to $70,977 depending on skills and experience
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for two Executive Coordinators to join Fisheries New Zealand. These roles provide executive support to two of our busy Directors – the Director of Science & Information and Director of Verification & Operations. Both Directorates have busy and varied work programmes and the Executive Coordinator plays a vital role in managing limited time effectively, fostering relationships and coordinating our activities, and meeting key reporting requirements.
These roles are part-time (24 hours per week - 0.6 full-time equivalent), with the pattern of work to be agreed. It could suit an experienced Executive Coordinator wishing to work part-time or provide an entry point for a graduate or part-time student who wants to start their career in the public service.
The core responsibilities of the role include:
- Diary management - forward planning and managing the Director's schedule of meetings to ensure key priorities are met.
- Administrative support including managing and drafting correspondence, handling of phone calls and email, financials, staff-related approval processes and report back management.
- Liaising with the offices of stakeholders and senior government officials to support professional organisational relationships.
- Meeting and greeting visitors and full event/logistics management for the Director's office with linking to other senior management and teams.
- Collaborating with other EC's in Fisheries New Zealand to help form an efficient support team for the business unit.
Mōu - About You
To be successful in this role, you will be comfortable dealing with Senior Leadership teams, and making things happen in a large organisation. Your excellent interpersonal skills will be pivotal to building successful relationships across all levels and you will quickly acquire a reputation for acting with initiative.
Your ability to think ahead will give you confidence that you will successfully manage multiple priorities and deadlines. Your positive "can-do" attitude, growth mind-set and ability to change gears in response to the ebb and flow of work will ensure you always remain across the work of a busy business unit.
To be successful in the role you will bring:
- An eye for detail
- A continuous improvement mindset and ability to implement smarter ways of working
- Strong ability to build good working relationships
- Structured approach to work and good time management
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Skilled in preparation and organisation of reports, letters, presentations, and other materials
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use sound judgement
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities
- Previous experience working in a Health & Safety environment is desirable
- It would also be an advantage to have understanding of the procurement contracting lifecycle.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) works to safeguard New Zealanders' way of life well in the future. To ensure this, we have a vision where New Zealand is the world's most sustainable provider of high-value food and primary products. Our organisational strategy sets the direction we need to take to achieve this vision and ensure the success of the food and primary industries for the benefit of all New Zealanders. For more information on our current strategy, see Our Strategy.
Fisheries New Zealand is a diverse and welcoming group situated within MPI. All our achievements require a team MPI approach, so we focus on working well together and with others across the organisation. We are responsible for stewardship of the fisheries system, which includes both regulatory and operational functions, and delivery of our obligations to Māori.
To find out more about Fisheries New Zealand and what we do please click here.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Modern offices close to Railway Station
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Parental leave ex-gratia payment
- Bi-annual MPI-paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
If you're interested we are open to discussing flexible working options with you. This can take many forms such as (but not limited to) reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, compressed hours or term-time work. Please feel free to talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need and we will explore what's possible for the role.
To join a diverse and interesting organisation that offers a wide range of career opportunities click on our link below!
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Haidee.Wynands@mpi.govt.nz
The closing date is Sunday 3 July 2022
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Part Time|
|Attachment:||Position Description - Executive Coordinator - FNZ Director.pdf (PDF, 188KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.