Senior Business Analyst at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Role: Senior Business Analyst
Role type: Fixed term 24 months
Salary band: $ 92,093 to $108,321. depending on skills and experience
We're looking for a Senior Business Analyst who can be an operations all-arounder, working across internal and external stakeholders to ensure the on-board camera solution meets functional requirements while capturing opportunities for continuous improvement
The Senior Business Analyst will support the Digital Monitoring Operations workstream's delivery of the business architecture and change management work required to implement the wider rollout of roughly 300 on-board cameras for New Zealand fishing vessels. This includes developing processes, procedures, tools, and templates that are fit-for-purpose, presenting business papers and proposals to senior leaders and stakeholder groups, and contributing to the future state target operating model. You'll have exceptional organisational and analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to design and implement operational and workflow processes and build and manage relationships across a range of stakeholders.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
- As a member of the Digital Monitoring Operations workstream you will:
- Undertake other tasks as directed by the Transformation Manager
- Support the development and documentation of operational enablers required for transitioning the Programme and the target operating model and business architecture to the end-users
- Work collaboratively across Digital Monitoring directorate and other MPI teams to support the effective high-quality delivery of Operations workstream tasks in the Go-Live Operational Implementation Plan
- Translate information from Subject Matter Experts and others into processes, tools, and templates that are appropriate and fit-for-purpose for the specific audience
- Support the Programme to plan and deliver its work by providing supporting data, information, and analysis
- Develop and present business papers or proposals to senior leaders and stakeholder groups, presents options and gains sign-off
- Contribute to the successful completion of artefacts on time
- Provide support and advice on change management and workforce training initiatives, as required
- Input into business case development, as required
- Identify any process and system improvement opportunities
- Contribute to the design of the future state operating model and business architecture to develop the longer-term Operations Optimisation Plan
Mōu - About You
- At least 3 - 5 years of relevant experience as a Business Analyst.
- Experience delivering business requirements based on organisational needs.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing operational and workflow processes.
- Proven track record in summarising and presenting complex information in a way that it can be easily understood by various internal and external audiences, both in writing and verbally.
- Experience providing advice and recommendations based on intellectual rigour and in-depth analysis to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritise across competing objectives and actively managing a range of stakeholder and senior leaders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The purpose of Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is Growing and Protecting New Zealand. Our vision is that New Zealand will be the world's most sustainable provider of high-value food and primary products. We work to achieve four outcomes: Prosperity, Sustainability, Protection & Visible Leadership. At MPI our values are respect, trust, connect and deliver. For more information on our current strategy.
Ahurea - Culture
Fisheries New Zealand, a business unit of MPI, works to ensure that fisheries resources are managed to provide the greatest overall benefit to New Zealanders. Our focus is the sustainability of New Zealand's wild fish stocks, aquaculture, and the wider aquatic environment, now and for future generations.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- New offices close to Railway Station
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisationComprehensive 3-day MPI Induction ProgrammeFree annual flu vaccination
- Bi-annual paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
- Employee Assistance Programme (counselling support)
- Study assistance may be available
- Flexible working (working from home, flexible schedules are available for discussion)
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
If you're interested, we are open to discussing flexible working options with you. This can take many forms such as (but not limited to) reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, compressed hours or term-time work. Please feel free to talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need and we will explore what's possible for the role.
Ngā Taki Whakahaumaru - Security checks
Candidates for this role will undergo a New Zealand Criminal Conviction Check.
To join a diverse and interesting organisation that offers a wide range of career opportunities click on our link below.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The closing date is 6th october 22
Please note: if you are applying for an internal secondment, please make sure that your manager is aware and supports your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Deepti.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Fixed Term FT|
|Category:||Science and Environment|
|Attachment:||PD - Senior Business Analyst - OBC (05.07.2022).docx (Word, 230KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.