Senior Programme Advisor at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Programme Advisor / Senior Programme Adviser – MPI
Fixed Term until August 2024
Salary- Advisor-up to $93,0567
Senior Advisor-$92,073-$124,570-based on skills and experience.
We have an exciting opportunity for two programme advisers to join the Climate Change Delivery Support Office (DSO) that provides the Director General oversight of deliver progress of approximately $750M of Climate Change response funds.
If you are passionate about helping delivery effective programmes and want to apply your skills in the Climate Change response area, we'd love to work with you!
About the role - Kōrero mō te tūranga
The DSO provides strategic management and decision support to the Director General and Business Units to deliver MPI's Climate Change response programmes.
The Programme Advisors
The purpose of the role is to provide technical programme management and decision support to Business Units delivering MPI's Climate Change response programmes.
The Programme Advisors develop and implement business processes that assist efficient programme delivery and decision making, inputs into the preparation of external Government and stakeholder reporting and liaises with internal and external stakeholder on these matters as required. The role builds trusted relationships and is a key point of contact for business units for which they are responsible.
The Programme Advisors responsibilities include:
- Provide tailored support to project/programme managers, executives and project board members throughout the project lifecycle, identifying fit-for-purpose practices that facilitate effective delivery to achieve the business benefits.
- Providing information that supports the DG and Climate Change Governance Committee (CCGC) members to make informed decisions that align with MPI's delivery commitments.
- Identifying common areas of emerging interest across stakeholders and proactively developing opportunities for collaboration.
- Making connections between projects and across the business that support successful and efficient project delivery.
- Proactively identifying and escalating issues that may impact portfolio delivery.
In addition to the responsibilities for a Senior / Programme Adviser are expected to:
- Comfortably and confidently interact with senior leaders on matters related to MPI's Strategic Portfolio;
- Identify and assess system improvements that support improved portfolio and project delivery across MPI;
- Lead on particular initiatives that stretch across the Directorate or represent significant change to how we deliver the portfolio function; and
- Mentor, train and coach advisors.
Skills & Experience - Ngā Pūkenga me ngā Wheako
We're looking for an adaptable, innovative people person that:
- Has a relevant tertiary qualification and/or relevant work experience
- Has experience in managing internal and external relationships with an assortment of stakeholders,
- Has the ability to manage and build relationships and gain the support and participation of key individuals and groups.
- Knowledge and understanding of strategic and operational planning processes in a large service delivery organisation
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare Schemes
- Parental leave ex-gratia payment
- Paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
- Study assistance available
- Flexible working - we support work life balance and flexible work arrangements whenever possible
About MPI - Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua
The Ministry for Primary Industries' is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We are fair in our behaviour and our policies promote equal opportunity for all. We provide numerous training programmes and opportunities for people to continuously improve their skill sets and keep up to date with global best practices. MPI has a focus on career pathways so this is the first step in your career with us and we will help you grow.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
How to Apply - Me pēhea te tuku tono
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae) please “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role, you may contact Harley Spence, Interim Director Climate Change Delivery Office for a confidential discussion by calling 027 404 5444 or by emailing Harley.Spence@mpi.govt.nz or Deepti.email@example.com
Please Note- That we will shortlist, as we receive applications. We encourage early application as we may withdraw the advertising at any time
Applications close on 19/05/22
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Fixed Term FT|
|Category:||Primary industry, trade & manufacturing|
|Attachment:||Senior or Programme Adviser - Climate Change Delivery Support Office .docx (Word, 68KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.