Target Evaluator at Ministry for Primary Industries, Auckland MPI Centre
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Location - Auckland
Permanent - Full Time
Salary Range: circa 64k, based on skills, capabilities, and experience
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
As a Target Evaluator you will contribute towards biosecurity and food safety at the border. Being warranted under both the Food Act 2014 and Biosecurity Act 1993 and supportive legislation, you will be working towards competency in both areas. Target evaluators use their specialist knowledge to screen import documentation, apply operational intelligence, and work with internal and external stakeholders. As a target evaluator you have an eye for detail, like working in an office environment, have great communication skills, a passion for biosecurity and food safety and initiative to learn on the job.
Mōu - About You
This is the role for you if you have an interest in the application of intelligence, the primary sector, and the wider environmental, economic, social and political context it operates within. You'll bring comprehensive knowledge of the food clearance process and/or biosecurity operational environment and ideally previous experience in a similar role.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Skills in risk assessment and technical expertise in biosecurity clearances
- Bring your relevant qualifications preferably a science qualification and /or relevant industry experience.
- Interest along with your attention to detail and your enjoyment of working in a fast moving, busy environment where no two days are the same and customer experience is a key focus.
- Practical experience in the food industry, in biosecurity or conservation would be beneficial.
- A great attitude, flexibility and a desire to be part of a team sharing your experience, knowledge, support and work alongside your colleagues.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About the Team
You'll join a team that is specialized in target evaluation and associated public services. The team's deliverables include:
- Target evaluation
- Applying import health standards
- Food notices
- Servicing public enquiries around cargo imports
Ahurea - Culture
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We are fair in our behaviour and our policies promote equal opportunity for all. We provide numerous training programmes and opportunities for people to continuously improve their skill sets and keep up to date with global best practices. MPI has a focus on career pathways so this is the first step in your career with us and we will help you grow.
Ngā Taki Whakahaumaru - Security checks
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen / permanent resident OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five (5) years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
- click here to find out more about the national security vetting process and access the eligibility self-check tool.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The closing date is 5pm Sunday 14 August 2022.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Conrad Cheung at email@example.com who will point you in the right direction.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Location:||Auckland MPI Centre|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Category:||Science and Environment|
|Attachment:||Target Evaluator Position Description.pdf (PDF, 277KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.