On Farm Support - Regional Manager at Ministry for Primary Industries, Hawke`s Bay
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Role type: Permanent
- Location: Gisborne Tairawhiti/Hawke's Bay Te Matau-a-Māui
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
Our new On Farm Support service will provide on-the-ground support for farmers and growers in the regions. The service will connect farmers and growers to the right information, expertise, and opportunities and help navigate requirements around climate, water and the environment. On Farm Support will complement existing advisory services offered by public, private and industry organisations.
The Regional Manager will play a lead role in growing the On Farm Support service, providing leadership, and management of regional operational activities. You will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of Regional Advisers. Your team of Advisers will be expected to grow, and you will be involved in all aspects of team management, including recruitment and service delivery
- Establishing and delivering work programmes for the region
- Building and maintaining positive and productive working relationships to achieve success, by ensuring alignment and collaboration with other managers across MPI.
You will be based in existing MPI offices in the regions and will have access to a work vehicle.
The locations for this role are:
- Northland Te Tai Tokerau
- Waikato/Bay of Plenty Te Moana-a-Toi
- Gisborne Tairawhiti/Hawke's Bay Te Matau-a-Māui
- Taranaki /Wanganui/Ruapehu
- Nelson/Tasman/Marlborough Te Tau Ihu
- Canterbury Waitaha/West Coast
- Otago Ōtākou/Southland Murihiku
We support a flexible work environment which can take many forms including remote working, flexible start and finish times or compressed hours.
Mōu - About You
You are someone who is able to build trusted relationships, and lean into those relationships to connect with people, facilitate discussions, and provide advice. You can utilise your ability to understand the different needs and challenges that farmers and growers are faced with in the regions.
You will have:
- Broad experience in the primary sector and NZ farming systems
- Leadership and management experience
- An ability to lead and motivate operationally focused teams working across a region
- Well-developed relationship management skills with internal and external stakeholders
- An ability to be adaptable and a focus on continuous improvement
Mō te peka - About the Business Unit
On Farm Support is part of MPI's Agriculture and Investment Services business unit. We work to create a thriving and sustainable future for farmers, growers, primary industries and rural communities, and caring for the health and wellbeing of animals.
Our people have expertise in regional and community support and development, Maori agribusiness, disaster recovery, and animal health and welfare. We also fund innovation and research – through sector, business, and community partnerships across our food and fibre industries.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the business unit and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare Schemes
- Flexible working
To join a diverse and interesting organisation that offers a wide range of career opportunities click on our link below.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close Monday 15 August 2022
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Attachment:||Reg Manager JD.pdf (PDF, 264KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.