Operations Analyst at Ministry for Primary Industries, National
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Matua Kaupapahere Kaitātari - Operations Analyst
Role type: Permanent, Full Time and fixed term
Location: Wellington preferred (with flexibility)
Salary Range: $68,781 - $93, 056 (depending on skills and experience)
Ma tau rourou, ma taku rourou, ka ora te iwi (with your contribution and my contribution the people will prosper).
About the Roles│Kōrero mō te tūranga
These Operational Analysts report to the Team Leader Forestry ETS Operations, in Te Uru Rākau the New Zealand Forestry Service at Ministry for Primary Industries.
These full-time positions are fixed term roles through to June 2025 and will best suit proactive and motivated candidates with good analytical skills, sound judgement and an interest in the emissions trading scheme.
The core responsibilities for the role are:
- Verify the accuracy of emissions returns through the application of audit procedures in line with Legislation and Regulation.
- Undertake analysis, providing advice, identifying, and resolving non-compliances, and make recommendations regarding penalty reductions, referrals for prosecution consideration, and emissions return amendments and assessments.
- Instructing outsourced vendors to undertake specific functions.
- Liaising directly with forestry consultants, forest owners and inventory providers to resolve complex operational matters arising from enquiries, transactions processing and compliance matters.
- Drafting decision memorandums, briefings, and other documents.
- Becoming a subject matter expert in one or more technical aspects of the Emissions Trading Scheme for forestry.
- Providing technical advice for the improvement and creation of operational policy, process, and procedure as well as forms and templates.
This role could create a great career pathway within a busy and growing directorate providing the opportunity for movement within an exciting team and branch.
To be successful in this role you will offer:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn a basic level of legislation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people and work in a collaborative manner to succeed.
- An understanding of the public sector and the machinery of government, including interaction with decision makers and stakeholders would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of the forestry aspects of the ETS and carbon accounting is valuable but not essential.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
Our team is part of the Forestry & Land Management directorate in Te Uru Rākau – New Zealand Forest Service, a business unit of the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI). We are a collaborative team, that work hard but love to have fun along the way.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
We work at the heart of Aotearoa and are strongly connected to the primary industries we work with and for.
How to Apply│Me pēhea te tuku tono
INSIDE Recruitment is assisting the Ministry of Primary Industries with the recruitment of these roles. If you are interested in these roles, please apply now and include your cover letter and CV.
If you have any queries, please contact INSIDE Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 28 August 2022. We will be assessing applicants as applications are received, so we encourage you to submit your application at your earliest convenience.
Please note: Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory and this role requires a Ministry of Justice criminal history check.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Fixed Term FT|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||Senior and Operations Analyst.docx (Word, 72KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.