Spatial Intelligence Analyst at Ministry for Primary Industries, National
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Spatial Intelligence Analyst/ Senior Spatial Intelligence Analyst
Role type: Permanent, Full Time and fixed term
Salary Range: $68,781 - $93, 056 (depending on skills and experience)
Ma tau rourou, ma taku rourou, ka ora te iwi (with your contribution and my contribution the people will prosper).
About the Role│Kōrero mō te tūranga
These full-time positions are fixed term roles through to June 2025 and will best suit proactive and motivated GIS graduates with 1-2 years GIS experience (Spatial Intelligence Analyst) or those with 3-5 years of experience with GIS and an advanced GIS education or skillset (Senior Spatial Intelligence Analyst).
You will work with internal customers across the Ministry and provide spatial data analysis to inform on a range of organisation delivery decisions in relation to the Emissions trading Scheme.
Initially you will be working with a team of likeminded people to process Emissions Trading Scheme Applications and get the ETS programme up and running. Once the leg work is done, there will be great opportunities to really let your GIS experience shine by automating processes, scripting, and developing spatial models. You will also have the chance to be involved in large new spatial initiatives across the Ministry.
The core responsibilities for the role are:
- apply spatial analysis and your general GIS skills to assist with primary industry related applications in the forestry, freshwater, or marine space;
- develop spatial business requirements and effectively translate these requirements into meaningful outcomes;
- assist in the investigation and creation of technical solutions (e.g. scripting, automation, web applications) to aid in efficient data use and analysis methodologies;
- produce high quality reports, analysis, and cartographic and infographic products to support the Ministry;
- develop, manage, and source GIS data required to support intelligent spatial analysis for the Ministry;
- undertake imagery interpretation to support forestry schemes;
Working with a variety of stakeholders to provide sound advice and spatial analysis requires a unique set of skills. Bring your great communication skills and analytical thinking to help solve problems, inform decision making, and thus add value to our service delivery.
The Ministry are looking for applicants who have:
- experience with ESRI software suite including ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Mobile Applications, ArcSDE, and ArcGIS Server;
- the ability to use and apply associated software tools including Python, R, SQL, and/or FME;
- demonstrated advanced analytical skills in reviewing, recording and synthesising information from numerous sources to inform decision making;
- demonstrated experience in supporting and developing practical GIS applications;
- the ability to interpret legislations and regulations to manage and analyse spatial data;
- the ability to interpret aerial photography and multi-spectral satellite imagery;
- an open mind, are ready to lend a hand and be a team player.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
We work at the heart of Aotearoa and are strongly connected to the primary industries we work with and for.
How to Apply│Me pēhea te tuku tono
INSIDE Recruitment is assisting the Ministry of Primary Industries with the recruitment of these roles. If you are interested in these roles, please apply now and include your cover letter and CV.
If you have any queries, please contact INSIDE Recruitment on email@example.com.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 28 August 2022. We will be assessing applicants as applications are received, so we encourage you to submit your application at your earliest convenience.
Please note: Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory and this role requires a Ministry of Justice criminal history check.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Fixed Term FT|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||Spatial Intelligence Analyst.doc (Word, 161KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.