Manager Events at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Role type: Permanent, Full time
Salary range: $128,247 to $173,511 depending on skills and experience
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
Across the Ministry there are more events than ever. This seems to be particularly acute, as post-COVID-19 people are wanting the opportunity to connect in-person again.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Events Manager. The Events Manager will lead a small, talented Events Team in the planning and delivery of high profile MPI events such as Fieldays and A&P Shows, Biosecurity New Zealand Awards and various launch events and summits.
In setting up this role you will develop and implement the Ministry's Events Strategy.
This is a diverse role in which you can further build and develop your career in a large organisation with heaps of opportunity and interesting programmes of work.
Mōu - About You
You will need to be familiar with requirements for planning and delivering virtual events as well as in-person events. A key part of your success will be in connecting with events staff across the Ministry providing strategic and robust thought leadership.
You will need the following skills and experience to be successful:
- Significant and demonstrable experience in running high profile events.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff effectively.
- Project management skills, including experience in leading projects and achieving effective outcomes in situations where there are diverse interests.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori,
whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
MPI has a strength of common purpose and a passion to sustainably grow and to protect Aotearoa, for the benefit of all New Zealanders. It's no mean feat and we have a team of hard working and dedicated people in a variety of roles supporting us to make this happen. Our overall ambition is for New Zealand to be the most trusted source of high value natural products in the world.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About the Team
Our work here at MPI is interesting and stimulating, you will work with a variety of areas- from Biosecurity, to Forestry, Animal Welfare, New Zealand Food Safety and much more.
The Events Team sits within the Engagement and Information Directorate which also houses
the Digital Channels Team, Design team, the Internal Communications Team and the Campaigns Team.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional leave days
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
We support flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss these options with you.
Ngā Taki Whakahaumaru - Security checks
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided continuously in NZ for at least the last five (5) years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five (5) years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
- click here to find out more about the national security vetting process and access the eligibility self-check tool.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close at midnight on Thursday 29 September.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Fiona.O'Brien@mpi.govt.nz
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||BD Manager Events.docx (Word, 93KB)
BD Manager Events.docx (Word, 93KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.