Senior Adviser Matauranga Maori Insights at Ministry for Primary Industries, Wellington City
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Role Type: Permanent full-time
Salary Band: $92,073 to $124,570 depending on skills and experience
The Ministry for Primary Industries are currently recruiting for a Senior Adviser Mātauranga Māori Insights join our Forestry Insights directorate, which forms part of our wider Te Uru Rākau – New Zealand Forest Service business unit based in Wellington.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
The primary purpose of this position is to provide additional Mātauranga Māori capability within the Forestry Insights team. You will shape fit for purpose research and development of insights across all Te Uru Rākau. This will include the development of necessary insights and capability to support industry specific information, particularly as it relates to Māori insights in the sector.
Your key deliverables for this role will include:
- Collaborating with the Forestry Insights team to provide forestry insights and capability with particular focus on Māori insights including Mātauranga ngahere, and te ao Māori
- Leading the development of additional Māori capability to share search and development of insights
- Providing te ao Māori and Mātauranga insights to support data analysis and insights activities to produce meaningful products and services
- Developing and maintaining effective working arrangements within Te Uru Rākau New Zealand Forest Service, wider MPI and industry, sectoral stakeholders, regional stakeholders, and government agencies required to promote effective working relationships to enable representation of Maori needs in developing forestry insights.
- Supporting regular reporting on insights against strategies and plans using data, information, te ao Māori narrative, and insights
- Working closely with the Māori Partnerships team to share insights and successfully implement the strategy for TUR to engage with Māori
- Providing advice and mentorship to peers relating to Māori insights and data sovereignty for the sector and TUR
Mōu - About You
To be successful in this role, you will have extensive existing networks with significant experience in establishing and effectively maintaining highly collaborative relationships with stakeholders, Māori, and Government (and non-governmental) agencies.
You will have experience in managing projects and work programmes, determining & meeting stakeholder and customer needs, and a proven track record of results in these areas.
Importantly, you will have excellent communication, relationship management, and engagement skills, and the ability to utilise Tikanga Māori and Te Reo Māori to facilitate engagement processes and to effectively present information to different Māori groups.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About the Team
This team sits within Te Uru Rākau – New Zealand Forest Service. Te Uru Rākau – New Zealand Forest Service is a branded business unit within the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) and is leading the Government's renewed focus on forestry, one of our country's most successful primary industries. You'll be joining a dynamic and diverse team who all share a common goal of improving the social, environmental, and economic outcomes for New Zealand.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
We support flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss these options with you.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click Apply or visit the MPI Careers site.
To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close at 11.59pm on 27 November.
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Category:||Primary industry, trade & manufacturing|
|Attachment:||Senior Adviser Matauranga Maori Insights PD.pdf (PDF, 227KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.