NAIT Compliance Officer at Ministry for Primary Industries, Gisborne
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
NAIT Compliance Officer (National Animal Identification and Tracing)
Role type: Permanent full time
Salary range: $.71,080 to $ 76331.depending on skills and experience
Kōrero mō te Tūranga - About the Role
- You can expect to become warranted as a NAIT Officer.
- Gain sound knowledge on all aspects of the NAIT scheme and NAIT Act.
- Have practical working knowledge of the laws under which investigations and compliance activities operate.
- Apply system thinking to proactively identify areas of non-compliance in the NAIT schemeExpertly apply the appropriate legislative tools to enable effective detection, reporting and investigation of NAIT scheme non-compliance.
- Independently or with other NAIT Officers, prepare and present robust court prosecution cases where significant non-compliance is identified.
- Once experience is gained, provide advice or training about NAIT to the primary production sector to increase uptake and compliance of the NAIT scheme.
- Travel within New Zealand is required.
- Build and sustain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Mōu - About You
- Experience in animal production systems and knowledge of agricultural sectors.
- Have a high degree of analytical capability along with an interest in working through large complex data sets.
- Be a self-starter, able to take initiative and implement learnings into action
- Practical working knowledge or be able to demonstrate the potential to develop knowledge of the laws under which investigations and compliance activities operate including: NAIT Act, Animal Welfare Act, Evidence Act, Criminal Disclosure Act, Criminal Procedures Act, Search and Surveillance Act.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification and/or experience in animal husbandry duties
- Tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent regulatory, compliance and enforcement experience would be an advantage
Mō tō mātou Rōpū - About the Team
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is looking for our next NAIT Compliance Officer, based in gisborneThis vacancy provides an opportunity where you will be able to use your unique blend of practical and personal skills to engage with stakeholders in a sector crucial to New Zealand's national interests.
Each day will provide variety, as you work both in an office and in the field, meeting, while making a difference in ensuring good biosecurity practices exist in regard to cattle and deer management across Aotearoa New Zealand.
The primary purpose of the NAIT officer will be to detect and address non-compliance within the NAIT scheme.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
- We're a large organisation with massive scope from the frontline to policy development and beyond.
- If you are successful, you will be expected to attend and successfully complete a comprehensive training course of up to 3 weeks, including residential component”
Ngā hua o te mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua - Benefits of working at MPI
- Additional MPI leave days
- Ability to purchase extra annual leave
- Annual Wellness payment
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
We support flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss these options with you.
Ngā Taki Whakahaumaru - Security checks
Confidential level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in NZ for at least the last ten (10) years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last ten (10) years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
- click here to find out more about the national security vetting process and access the eligibility self-checktool.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
- States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
- click here to find out more about the national security vetting process and access the eligibility self-check tool.
Whakamātau Whakapōauau me te Waipiro - Drug and Alcohol Screening
Please note, given this position is safety sensitive the preferred applicant/s for the position will be required to undergo a drug and alcohol pre-employment screening test. Further information on this process can be found on our careers site under the application process, on pre-employment checks page.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi whaitake? - Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to being a good partner under Te Tiriti o Waitangi which includes working closely with iwi, hapū, whanau and hāpori.
We aspire to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to making Manatū Ahu Matua a great place to work for all.
In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your whakapapa; your interest and motivations for this role; the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation, which may have also been gained outside of the workforce.
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close at midnight on 7th Feb 2023
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com
Whāia ngā tūhononga ki MPI i konei – Follow MPI here
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for Primary Industries|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Attachment:||NAIT Officer NAIT Officer PD (2).pdf (PDF, 412KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.